MA Health Connector Launches 1st Phase of Small-Business Website
Wednesday, August 16, 2017
“We are pleased with the successful launch of the first phase of the Health Connector for Business website, and look forward to adding additional choices between carriers this November. We are excited by the benefits and opportunity the new platform will deliver to our current participating companies, and those that come on board next year,” said Louis Gutierrez, the Executive Director of the Massachusetts Health Connector.
The new platform was developed through a unique partnership with the Washington, D.C., Health Benefit Exchange Authority, the health insurance Exchange in Washington, D.C.
The website, Health Connector for Business, will deliver new tools and benefits to brokers, employers, and employees, making it easier to manage a company’s health insurance offering and delivering new options to businesses and employees.
The first phase includes access to plans from three carriers, Boston Medical Center Health Plan, Fallon Community Health Plan and Health New England.
Businesses renewing coverage this fall will transfer to the new system, and new groups can use the system to select plans from those carriers.
In November, additional carriers will be added, along with the chance for employers to provide choice options to their employees for new enrollments and renewals starting Jan. 1, 2018. Through those options, employees can select a plan that best meets their health care and financial needs.
Central Mass Hospitals’ Grades for Safety
Just 50% of the Central Massachusetts hospitals scored a grade of A. The state average in the Commonwealth is just over 60%.
- MA Health Connector Announces Extended Deadline for Plan Selection
- MA Health Connector Offering Free Health Insurance Assistance in Central MA
- MA Health Connector Experiences 18,000 Walk-Ins - Helps Drive Enrollment
- Rocky Transition from MA Health Care Law to Affordable Care Act
- NEW: MA Health + Human Services Requests Independent Review of DCF
- NEW: Central MA Health Foundation Elects New Officers, Directors
- Central MA Health Foundation Accepting Applications for Grants
- MA Health Expands Help as Health Insurance Deadline Nears
- MA Health Policy Commission Exec. Director Seltz to Speak on Health Care Costs
- MA Health Pushes Insurance Application Back Due to Snow