MA Health Connector Offering Free Health Insurance Assistance in Central MA
Friday, December 04, 2015
“Health insurance makes it easier and less expensive to get treatment when you are sick or injured, and now is the time for people who don’t have health insurance to get coverage for next year. Our walk-in center staff is ready to make sure people can finish an application and get coverage in time for the New Year," said Louis Gutierrez, executive director of the Massachusetts Health Connector.
Those needing a health insurance plan may go to one of the our walk-in centers and fill out an application, find out whether they qualify for MassHealth or the Health Connector, pick a Health Connector Plan, and make a payment.
Current members can go to the walk-in center to make sure they are in the right plan for 2016, as well as make their January 2016 payment.
The Health Connector opened four new walk in centers in November in Fall River, Brockton and Lowell which are open throughout enrollment, and Springfield which is open year round like the locations in Boston and Worcester.
The hours at the Worcester walk-in center are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday's from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Massachusetts Health Connector
The Massachusetts Health Connector is the Commonwealth's state based marketplace and the only place qualifying residents can find financial help accessing health insurance.
For more information, click here.
- Baker Demands Transparency on Status of Health Connector Website
- MA Health Connector Announces Extended Deadline for Plan Selection
- Health Connector Announces 15 Navigator Grant Winners Statewide
- Health Connector to Offer Free Healthcare Enrollment Help Next Week
- Executive Director Jean Yang to Leave Mass Health Connector This Month
- Governor Baker Extends Mass Health Connector Deadline to January 30