MA Ranks as 48th Fattest State in America
Wednesday, November 04, 2015
Massachusetts ranks 44th in obesity and overweight prevalence and 48th in unhealthy habits and consequences.
Mass ranks ahead of New Jersey and Colorado at 49 and 50 while behind Montana and Utah at 46 and 47 respectively.
Mississippi ranks number one in the country while Hawaii ranks number 51.
See the Rankings of all States in the Map Below.
WalletHub's analysts compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia using two key dimensions, including "Obesity & Overweight Prevalence" and "Unhealthy Habits and Consequences."
WalletHub then compiled 12 relevant metrics and attributed a score between 0 and 100 to each metric. The more points a state accrued, the bigger its weight problem is.
- Massachusetts Ranked #2 for Best School System by WalletHub
- MA Ranks 6th for Most Millionaires in US
- MA Ranks Second in the Nation for Emergency Medical Care System
- NEW: MA Ranks #1 in the US For Entrepreneurship
- U.S. Unemployment Rate: See Where MA Ranks
- MA Ranks Worst in Nation for Patients Acquiring a Preventable Infection
- Winners & Losers in Housing Crisis: See Where MA Ranks
- MA Ranks 34th in U.S. for Military Retirees
- The Most Prescription Addicted States in U.S.: See Where MA Ranks
- MA Ranks as State Where Hispanics are Least Assimilated