McGovern Blasts House GOP Bill Taking Healthcare Away From 22 Million Americans
Thursday, January 07, 2016
"We are starting the New Year by debating a bill, that if it ever became law, would put the healthcare of 22 million Americans in jeopardy and further restrict women’s access to vital healthcare services," McGovern said on the bill.
McGovern continued to blast the House Republicans over their attempt at this bill.
“This is yet another blatant political move by Republicans to appease their right-wing base with no thought for the millions of Americans this bill would hurt," said McGovern. "Not only have House Republicans done nothing to expand healthcare for the American people, they have actually consistently tried to undermine health access for millions of Americans."
Starting 2016 Off Wrong
Congressman McGovern expressed his disappointment with the way things are starting off in 2016. McGovern said that he thought things would be different with Speaker Ryan.
"When Speaker Ryan took the gavel last fall, there was so much talk about a new chapter and fresh ideas. Instead, we’re starting 2016 with more of the stale, and politically-motivated bills we’ve become accustomed to in this Republican-controlled Congress," McGovern added.
McGovern concluded "We’re starting the New Year not by working in a bipartisan way to do the people’s business. Unfortunately, we’re starting the New Year debating the same old, same old; bills that put politics ahead of people. And that’s truly sad.”
- Statement From Congressman McGovern: Regarding The Presidents U.S.- Cuba Policy and Alan Gross
- U.S. Rep McGovern To Distribute Thanksgiving Meals in Worcester
- McWorcester: Does McGovern Run The City?
- McGovern to Deliver Commencement Address at UMass Medical School
- McGovern Announces $3 Million Federal Grant to Help End Veteran Homelessness
- McGovern and Markey Visit WPI to Tour Robotics Lab
- McGovern Wants Residents to Have a Say in LPG Sites
- Railroad Owner Reacts to McGovern’s Safe Communities Act
- Congressman McGovern Approves of $133 Million in Energy Assistance
- Congressman McGovern Visits and Reads to Local Webster Students
- Congressman McGovern Names Chandler Chief of Staff
- McGovern Welcomes $2 Million Worcester Innovation Center
- Governor Baker No on Syrian Refugees, McGovern Yes
- McGovern Forces Vote on Legislation to Keep Guns From Terrorists
- McGovern Honors Vietnam Vet Bob LaRose with Army Medals
- McGovern and Petty Release Statements on Worcester Shootings
- Congressman McGovern to Help Plant 14 Trees at Roosevelt School in Worcester
- McGovern Leads Groundbreaking for New Bike Path in Worcester
- Is Mayoral Race a Precursor to Gaffney Challenging McGovern?
- Nancy Pelosi and Rep. McGovern To Hold Hunger Roundtable
- 15 Who Made a Difference in 2015: Jim McGovern, U.S. Congressman
- Rep. McGovern Named Ranking Democrat on Nutrition Subcommittee
- $3 Million Athletic Field Secured by Congressman McGovern
- McGovern Named One of 50 Most Powerful People in Food
- McGovern Announces $1 Million to WRTA to Increase Reliability of Green Buses