NEW: Mass Medical Society Urges Parents to Learn About Child Sex Abuse
Wednesday, February 27, 2013
As reports of child sexual abuse increase at Massachusetts schools and with the Penn State and church pedophile scandals still in memory and making headlines, the free 12-page brochure includes basic information on child sexual abuse, tips to help protect children, potential signs and changes in behavior to look for, what to do if abuse is suspected and resources on reporting, preventing and treatment of child sexual abuse.
Authored by Jetta Bernier, executive director of MCC, Protecting Your Child from Sexual Abuse is the result of a cooperative effort between the MMS Committee on Violence Intervention and Prevention and MCC, a nonprofit, independent advocacy group for the state’s most vulnerable children. It is one of a series of ten brochures focusing on various aspects of violence and children originated by Robert Sege, M.D., Director of the Division of Family and Child Advocacy at Boston Medical Center and a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics Committee on Child Abuse and Neglect.
The series of brochures is part of the Massachusetts Medical Society’s Campaign Against Violence and includes individual descriptions of such topics as dating and street violence, violence in the media, bullying, violence in the home, and myths and facts about violence.
Protecting Your Child from Sexual Abuse and the other brochures in the series are available free via download from the Massachusetts Medical Society website. Printed copies may be ordered individually or in sets from the Medical Society by writing to email@example.com or calling 1-800-322-2303, ext. 7373.
- Mass. Medical Society Releases Annual Access to Care Study
- NEW: Massachusetts Medical Society Issues New Policy on Medical Marijuana
- NEW: Mass Medical Society Urges Residents to Get Vaccinated this Flu Season
- NEW: Mass Medical Society Takes Stance on Physician-Assisted Suicide and Medical Marijuana
- NEW: MA Medical Society Cites Concerns on Medical Marijuana Law
- NEW: Reliant Medical Group to Host Info Session on Weight Loss Surgery
- NEW: Reliant Medical to Host Celiac Support Group