Reliant Medical Group Votes to Partner With Optum
Thursday, May 11, 2017
“Reliant Medical Group is committed to providing the people we serve the highest level of care, and partnering with Optum will help us give patients innovative, high-quality, local care in ways that maximize efficiency and patient satisfaction," said Tarek Elsawy, M.D., president & CEO of Reliant.
With the partnership, Reliant is hoping to increase their ability grow and expand, modernize clinical facilities, access advanced data and bring top medical talent to its practices.
“Reliant has long been a leader in providing high-quality health care to the people of Massachusetts. We look forward to working with the Reliant team to help make the health system work better for everyone,” said Andrew Hayek, CEO of OptumHealth.
Reliant and Optum now look to a definitive agreement, which will be subject to Massachusetts regulatory review and approval. The transaction completion date is not known at this time.
If the agreement moves forward, Reliant would continue to be locally operated and serve patients under the Reliant Medical Group brand in the Central and Metro West regions (to include Southboro Medical Group, a division of Reliant Medical Group).
Reliant’s workforce, including physicians, staff and management, would not change as a result of the transaction.
The medical group would continue to serve patients through multiple insurance plans.
Central Mass Hospitals’ Grades for Safety
Just 50% of the Central Massachusetts hospitals scored a grade of A. The state average in the Commonwealth is just over 60%.
- Reliant Med. Group Foundation Grants Central MA Orgs Nearly $70K
- Worcester’s Reliant Medical Group To Host Diabetes Support Group
- Reliant Named Top Place to Work By Becker’s Healthcare
- Gonzalo Paz-Soldan Hired as Pediatric Chair Reliant Medical Group
- NEW: Reliant To Open 10 Pharmacies in Central Mass
- NEW: Reliant Medical Group CEO Announces Retirement
- NEW: Reliant Medical to Host Celiac Support Group
- NEW: Reliant Medical Group to Host Info Session on Weight Loss Surgery
- Reliant Charity Golf Event Nets Central MA Orgs More Than $300,000
- Reliant Medical Group Hires New Doctor at Worcester Medical Center
- Reliant Medical Group Named One of Top Places to Work in US Healthcare
- Reliant Medical Group Adds Kenealy to Department of Otolaryngology
- Reliant Medical’s Dr. Fisher Named 2017 “Immunization Champion”
- Reliant Medical Named Million Hearts 2015 Hypertension Control Champions
- Reliant Med. Group’s Yood Earns Top Honor From American College of Rheumatology
- Reliant Medical Group and MCPHS to Launch Advanced Practitioner Residency Program
- Reliant Medical Group Foundation Awards Record Grant
- Reliant Medical Group Distributes $50,000 Across 18 Organizations
- Nationally Recognized Neurogolist Joins Reliant Medical Group