South County Physical Therapy Hydrates Runners Westborough Spring Festival 5K
Tuesday, June 27, 2017
“Adequate hydration during a race is an incredibly important part of good health and properly functioning body systems. During a race, the runners should monitor their hydration levels. Water regulates your body temperature and lubricates your joints. As the warmer months approach and outdoor activities increase, special attention needs to be given to proper hydration and to the prevention of heat illnesses for all ages,” said SCPT Executive Director Eric Cardin.
South County Physical Therapy donated bottles of water to hydrate hundred of participants as they ran through the 5k loop over rolling, country roads and dirt trails of Chauncy Fields.
In the past, the Westborough Spring Festival 5K Road Race started at the high school, but changed venues this year due to the Spring Festival moving to the grounds of Chauncy Fields.
The Westborough Spring Festival also featured live music, food trucks, a vendor fair, a classic car show, family activities, and pet events.
Related Slideshow: 25 Things to Look Forward to in New England This Summer - 2017
The Burlington Discover Jazz Festival
The Burlington Discover Jazz Festival takes place from June 2 to June 11 in downtown Burlington, Vermont.
This 10 day celebration features four stages with free live music from Arrested Development and more. The festival also will feature local food and much more.
For more information, click here.
Taking a Cruise on a Windjammer
Head to Maine and sleep aboard a National Landmark, the Maine Windjammer Fleet.
Go on a three, four or six-day cruise and get closer than ever before to wildlife like whales, eagles, and porpoises while you see some of the best coastal scenery that North America has to offer.
After a successful first festival, the PVDFest returns to Providence for the third year and will take place from June 1-4.
The festival will bring in art, music, performances and more from all over the United States and the world for the free outdoor festival.
Catching a Worcester Bravehearts Game
Year after year, the Worcester Bravehearts are one of the best baseball teams in New England.
They bring in some of the best college talent from across the region to compete for the Futures League Championship.
Don't miss a game.
Visiting Cape Playhouse Theatre
Taking a ride to Cape Cod and visit the oldest summer theatre in the country, Cape Playhouse. Cape Playhouse was first opened in 1927 by Raymond Moore.
The theatre has been home to some of the biggest stars to ever grace a stage like Bette Davis, Humphrey Bogart amongst others.
Enjoying the South County Hot Air Balloon Fest
There is nothing quite like the Hot Air Ballon Fest. This is the place to enjoy glowing hot air balloons, crafts, music, food, fishing, carnival rides, fireworks, and more.
The festival will be held from July 21-23 on the URI athletic fields.
Participating in the Worcester World Cup 2017
The 2017 Worcester World Cup is set to take place from Friday, August 11 to Sunday, August 13.
The Worcester World Cup is more than a soccer tournament. It's a celebration of Worcester and a safe, friendly family event that people look forward to all year.
Newport Jazz Festival
The 2017 festival is set to take place from Friday, August 4 to Sunday, August 6.
The festival will show off over 50 individual jazz ensembles on four stages including performances at the International Tennis Hall of Fame and Fort Adams State Park.
Seeing a Movie at the Rustic Drive-In
Look forward to Calling up your friends, pack a picnic, and sit in your car as feature films are projected on giant outdoor screens.
The audio plays right through your radio, so be sure to turn the volume up high as you snack on your candy and popcorn.
Zip Lining in the Berkshires
Looking for something new and exciting? Head to the Berkshires and get yourself on a zip line, maybe even do a canopy tour.
There are three different tour options, starting with the base area tour which lasts an hour or the Moutain Top or Valley Jump tour which takes three hours. Both of those are sure to shoot some adrenaline into your day.
The Little League World Series
While the Little League World Series does not take place in New England, the series is arguably the marquee sporting event of the summer.
There will be a New England team in it this year and therefore, the Little League World Series is always something to look forward to
Catching a PawSox Game at McCoy
Nothing says summer time like sitting at McCoy Stadium and watching a Pawtucket Red Sox game.
While the PawSox are already in action, the weather is getting warmer and it will be much more comfortable to go out to a game.
Billy Joel at Fenway Park
For the fourth consecutive year, rock and roll legend Billy Joel will play Fenway Park.
Billy Joel released his first hit song, arguably still his biggest hit, Piano Man in 1973 and since then has become the 6th best-selling recording artist and the third best-selling solo artist in the United States.
Joel was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 1992 and then the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1999.
- Care New England Offers Healthy Recipes for Super Bowl Sunday
- Horowitz: Trump Has Opportunity to Reset on Health Care
- Dept. of Health Says UMass Beds Proposed for Closure Provide “Essential Service”
- Horowitz: New CBO Score Deals Mortal Blow to House Healthcare Bill
- Weiss: CBO Numbers Says GOP Health Plan Benefits Young, Healthy…Not Seniors
- The Healthiest Housing Markets in the U.S. - See Where Worcester Ranks
- Harrington HealthCare Names Calcidise VP of Nursing & Ancillary Operations
- Sen. Warren Calls Republican Healthcare Bill a “Monstrosity”
- MA Dept. of Public Health Rejects UMass Memorial’s Plan to Close 13 Psych Beds
- Weiss: GOP Health Care Reform Moves to Senate
- Smart Benefits: Health Plan ERISA Reporting - 5 Tips to Avoid Costly Penalties
- Weiss: GOP Health Care Proposal Pull at Last Moment
- UMass Memorial - HealthAlliance Hospital Expansion Approved
- 2 Worcester Organizations Awarded Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Foundation Grants
- Fit for Life: Happy, Healthy New Year! Let’s do it
- Warren Questions Suitability of Health & Human Services Secretary Designate
- Health Foundation of Central MA Names Becker, Dimitri as New Directors
- Alzheimer’s Association to Host Brain Health Education Program
- MA Ranked 2nd Best State in U.S. for Children’s Healthcare
- McGovern Calls GOP Healthcare Bill Process a “Goddamn Mess”
- MA Medical Society Releases Statement Opposing Trump’s Health Care Act
- See Where Worcester Ranks Among Healthiest Cities in the U.S.
- Weiss: House GOP Leadership Puts its Health Care Proposal on Fast-Track
- Comedian Paula Poundstone to Perform at Harrington HealthCare’s Fundraiser
- Weiss: Senate Health Bill Vote Expected This Week, Dems Call Bill “Meaner” Than House Version