UMass Memorial Named to Becker’s Healthcare Top 100 Hospitals
Friday, October 27, 2017
This is the second year in a row that UMass has received the honor.
“Our caregivers deliver the best care to patients in Central Massachusetts. This recognition demonstrates the team’s dedication, compassion, and commitment to heart care. The hospitals named on this list are national leaders in cardiovascular health care and we are proud to be in their company,” said John Keaney, MD, medical director, Heart, and Vascular Center, and chief, cardiovascular medicine.
UMass Memorial is a national leader in cardiac treatment having received recognition for delivering top patient care including treating complex aortic disease using minimally invasive endovascular repair.
Currently, the Division of Cardiology is studying the use of smart technology to monitor arrhythmias.
As one of the first hospitals in Massachusetts to offer transcatheter mitral valve repair (TMVR), a minimally invasive procedure for patients with symptoms of mitral regurgitation who are too sick for open heart surgery, UMass Memorial remains at the forefront of heart care today.
To develop this list, the Becker's Healthcare editorial team examined several reputable rankings and award agencies, including U.S. News & World Report rankings for cardiology and heart surgery; Truven Health Analytics' cardiovascular hospital rankings, CareChex rankings for cardiac care, Blue Distinction Centers for cardiac care and Society of Thoracic Surgeons star rankings.
- UMass Memorial Nurses Outraged Over Lack of Response by CEO
- UMass Memorial Nurses Demand Action Over Deteriorating Patient Care
- UMass Memorial Nurses Outraged Over Worsening Hospital Conditions
- UMass Memorial Left Off State Collaborative Ebola Treatment Plan
- UMass Memorial Medical Center Welcomes Newborn at 10:11, 12-13-14
- NEW: UMass Memorial Addresses 2013 $55M Operating Loss
- UMass Memorial To Join Historic Cancer Prevention Study
- NEW: UMass Memorial Nurses to Hold One-Day Strike
- UMASS Memorial/Hahneman Nurses Settle, University Nurses Pending
- NEW: No Strike—UMass Memorial and Nurses Reach Agreement
- UMass Memorial Nurses Ratify One Year Contract, Get Pay Raise
- UMass Memorial - HealthAlliance Hospital to Add Community Room to Burbank Campus
- UMass Memorial Recognizes Volunteers in Observance of National Volunteer Week
- City Councilor Rivera Calls for Council to Evaluate Impact of Bed Closures at UMass Memorial
- MA Dept. of Public Health Rejects UMass Memorial’s Plan to Close 13 Psych Beds
- Florida Non-Profit to Donate Over 100 Toys & Games to UMass Memorial Children’s Medical Center
- UMass Memorial Medical Center Receives Gold Quality Achievement Award
- UMass Memorial Univ. Campus Nurses Strike Still Looming
- UMass Memorial Medical Center Named Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospital
- UMass Memorial - HealthAlliance Hospital Expansion Approved
- UMass Memorial to Veterans Claims Clinic
- Aldo Dunphe Found Guilty of Murdering Fellow UMass Memorial Patient
- UMass Memorial Health Care Receives National Award for Pediatric Asthma Program
- UMass Memorial - Marlborough Hospital Announces New Prostate Cancer Detection Technology
- UMass Memorial Honored with Gold Quality Achievement Award for AFib Care