NEW: UMass Memorial Physician Honored by Massachusetts Medical Society
Monday, April 08, 2013
In nominating her for the award, her colleagues noted that she has made “substantial and enduring contributions to UMass Medical School, pediatrician training, and care of infants and children and has been a fierce advocate for children and women throughout the Commonwealth.”
Marianne E. Felice, MD
Dr. Felice is also Professor of Pediatrics and Obstetrics/Gynecology and is the former Chair of the Department of Pediatrics at the University of Massachusetts Medical School, a position she held from 1998-2012, and she served as Interim Chief Executive Officer of UMass Memorial Health Care from 2001-2002. She chaired the Worcester Infant Mortality Reduction Task Force for over ten years and is an active member of the Worcester District Medical Society, currently serving on its Women’s Caucus Committee and Award Committee.
A graduate of the Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine with an M.D., Dr. Felice is the recipient of more than two dozen honors and awards nationally and regionally. Among the local awards are the First Advocate for Girls Award by Girls, Inc. of Worcester; the Lois B. Green Award from the United Way of Central Massachusetts; the Chancellor’s Medal for Service from the University of Massachusetts Medical School; and the Charitable Leadership Award from the March of Dimes of Central Massachusetts. In 2004, she was selected by the Massachusetts Medical Society to deliver its Annual Oration, only the third women to be so honored, and in 2012, the Mayor and Worcester City Council proclaimed January 3 Dr. Marianne Felice Day in honor of her accomplishments.
She is a member of and has been an officer of a number of national children’s organizations and is a widely published author and lecturer on topics on child and adolescent health and medical care. Dr. Felice resides in Shrewsbury.
- UMass Memorial Medical Center Expert on Autism Myths
- NEW: UMass Doctor Scores $150K Grant From March of Dimes
- Clark Names Outgoing UMass Memorial CEO as Distinguished Professor
- NEW: UMass Doctor Receives Top Award From Mass Medical Society
- NEW: OCD Lecture and Support Groups Tonight at UMass Med School
- NEW: UMass Med’s New Sherman Center Earns Top Green Certification
- NEW: UMass Med to Seek Taxable Tenants For Biotech Park
- UMass Med Professor Portrays the Brain’s Functions as Art
- UMass Medical Makes Finals in National Video Competition
- NEW: UMass Med Faculty Elected to Top Science Society