UMass Memorial to Veterans Claims Clinic
Friday, February 12, 2016
The event will go from 9 p.m. to 2 p.m.
"I'm pleased that the VA Regional Benefits Office will host a claims clinic at UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester this Friday. Veterans and survivors will be able to speak directly with someone who can offer assistance. Our veterans and their families deserve the very best care and this clinic will be a one-stop shop for veterans looking for help. I thank the VA Regional Benefits Office and UMass Memorial Medical Center for working together on this clinic," said Congressman Jim McGovern.
The event is being held in response to requests for expanded access in the Worcester area from Veterans in the community.
“Our Medical Center is proud to offer its facilities and resources in support of our nation’s veterans, their families and their survivors. We will do our part to make the day a pleasant experience for them so they can focus on getting the paperwork and other services needed to process their claims. I applaud Congressman McGovern and the VA Regional Benefits Office for making this clinic possible for veterans in our area," said Patrick Muldoon, FACHE, president of UMass Memorial Medical Center.
During the clinic, vets can file a disability claim, submit evidence in support of a new or existing claim, speak to a claims processor or rating specialist, or possibly request a Veterans Affairs medical exam.
UMass Memorial Health Care
UMass Memorial Health Care is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Central Massachusetts with more than 12,900 employees and 1,670 physicians, many of whom are members of UMass Memorial Medical Group.
- Clark Names Outgoing UMass Memorial CEO as Distinguished Professor
- NEW: UMass Memorial Health Care Names New President and CEO
- UMass Memorial Medical Center Expert on Autism Myths
- NEW: UMass Memorial Physician Honored by Massachusetts Medical Society
- UMass Memorial Nurses Prepared to Strike
- NEW: UMass Memorial To Hold Free Seminar On Coping With Cancer
- NEW: UMass Memorial Bans Young Visitors to Combat Flu
- UMass Memorial Lags Behind Peer Worcester Hospitals in Nat’l Safety Scores
- Nurses Picket UMass Memorial Over Staffing + Pension Cuts
- GoLocalTV: Nurses Picket UMass Memorial
- NEW: Nurses Union Files Unfair Labor Charges Against UMass Memorial
- NEW: UMass Memorial Nurses Vote to Strike
- NEW: UMass Memorial Nurses to Hold One-Day Strike
- UMass Memorial Nurses Outraged Over Worsening Hospital Conditions
- UMass Memorial Nurses Outraged Over Lack of Response by CEO
- UMass Memorial Left Off State Collaborative Ebola Treatment Plan
- UMass Memorial Medical Center Welcomes Newborn at 10:11, 12-13-14
- UMass Memorial Nurses Ratify One Year Contract, Get Pay Raise
- UMass Memorial Nurses Demand Action Over Deteriorating Patient Care
- NEW: UMass Memorial Addresses 2013 $55M Operating Loss
- UMASS Memorial/Hahneman Nurses Settle, University Nurses Pending
- UMass Memorial Univ. Campus Nurses Strike Still Looming
- NEW: No Strike—UMass Memorial and Nurses Reach Agreement
- UMass Memorial To Join Historic Cancer Prevention Study
- UMass Memorial - HealthAlliance Hospital to Add Community Room to Burbank Campus