Worcester Ranked as 5th Worst City in America for People with Disabilities
Thursday, October 01, 2015
According to a study by Wallethub, Worcester is the third worst economic environment in the United States for disabled people and ranks well into the bottom half of the cities in healthcare costs.
Worcester also has the fourth highest percentage of disabled people living under the poverty level, and the fifth highest cost of doctor visits in the United States.
.SEE BELOW: Interactive Map of All 150 Major Cities and Their Rankings
Overall, Worcester finished behind only Moreno Valley and San Bernardino, California, Jersey City, New Jersey and Providence, Rhode Island.
One bright note for Worcester is it finished in the top half (#64) in Wallethub’s “Quality of Life” ranking.
The city of Boston didn’t fare much better than Worcester as it came in at #135.
- Worcester Ranked City with Best Air Quality in Massachusetts
- Massachusetts Ranked 27th for Most Patriotic
- MA Ranked as the 5th Most Eco-Friendly State in Country
- WPI Ranked 48th Best College by Money College Planner
- Holy Cross Ranked 8th Most Beautiful Urban Campus in America
- Worcester Ranked in Top 30 Users of Green Electricity in the U.S
- Worcester Ranked Among Worst Cities to Visit in Summer
- MA Ranked as 23rd Strictest State Regarding DUI’s
- Patriots Ranked 3rd Most Valuable Sports Team in The World
- Tom Brady Ranked #2 in 2015 Quarterback Power Rankings
- Mass is a Topped Ranked State for Dads
- MA Ranked #1 Best State for Teachers
- Clark University Ranked as Top 20 Entrepreneurial University in Country
- Charter Ranked as One of Ten Companies with Worst Reputation in U.S.