slides: 10 Free (or Almost Free) Things to do for Mom on Mother’s Day Weekend
Saturday, May 12, 2018
However, there are plenty of free things to do for mom to go along with the big meal and actually save some money this weekend.
To help you out, GoLocal has put together a list of 10 free things to do for mom this weekend.
Happy Mother's Day!
See the Slideshow Below
Video Wall Photo: Elvis Kennedy/flickr
Related Slideshow: 10 Free (or Almost Free) Things to do for Mom on Mother’s Day Weekend
Pick up After Yourself
Let's face it, mom has picked up after you more times then you can probably count.
Toys all over the place, video games all over the place, clothes all over the place. You name it, she has most likely picked it up.
So turn the tables and pick up after yourself, put your stuff away wherever it is supposed to go.
Give Mom a Day Off From Laundry
Doing the laundry for a household of people is a tedious job that can take hours of a day.
Tell mom to take a day off from the laundry and get the rest of the family to team up and do it for a day, maybe the weekend?
Imagine the great day that mom could have if she didn't have the stress of laundry hanging over her head.
PHOTO: H.A.M Phtgrphy/Flickr
The Freedom Trail
The Freedom Trail is a two and a half mile walking tour that connects 16 significant Boston landmarks. Other than interior access to Paul Revere's house, the Old South Meeting House and the Old State House, it's all FREE.
Mom will love the walk and the cool historical landmarks.
Cut the Grass
Don't let mom cut the grass, volunteer to do it instead, actually insist on doing it so she gets time to do what she wants.
Or maybe mom does not cut the grass which means she probably calls a company, another relative or a neighbor to do it and stresses about when they are coming and how much they charge.
Then she has to worry about how it looks and if it's done right.
Give her a break and just do it yourself.
- Moms Get in Free on Mother’s Day at Old Sturbridge Village
- Great Mother’s Day Deals With Your Woo Card
- Orange Wine…Not Your Mother’s Pinot Grigio
- Family Matters: 4 Ways to Celebrate Mother’s Day
- 6 Great Local Gifts for Mother’s Day
- Where to Buy Your Flowers for Mother’s Day
- Best Mother’s Day Activities in Central Mass
- Newport Manners + Etiquette: Mother’s Day Etiquette
- Best Spots For Brunch in Central Mass. For Mother’s Day
- Great Mother’s Day Gift Ideas in Central Mass.
- Tower Hill Free for Mothers on Mother’s Day Weekend