slides: 20 Great Places to go Apple Picking in New England
Sunday, September 17, 2017
For those with young kids, there may be no better day activity then heading to an apple orchard and letting the kids run around and pick apples for a few hours.
GoLocalWorcester has picked out some of the best spots to go apple picking in New England.
See The Best Places to go Apple Picking in New England.
Related Slideshow: 20 Great Places to go Apple Picking in New England - 2017
North Brookfield, MA
Pick your own apples! The Snack Bar offers hot apple dumplings and ice cream, cheese, and cider. The Country Store will tempt you with honey common crackers, maple products, “Penny Candy”, culinary delights, antiques and collectibles and much more! They have a playground and picnic tables - so stay awhile.
Brookfield Orchards is open year round from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
North Scituate, RI
With apple trees dating back to 1931, the Bardens grow Macintosh, Gala, Cortland, Liberty, Jonagold, Macoun and other apple varieties on their family farm near Route 116 in North Scituate.
They also produce and sell their own apple cider from mid-September through March. Make sure you stock up for the winter ahead.
Tougas Family Farm is a great place to take the family for a day of Apple picking.
A 10 pound Peck Bag, admits 4 people into the orchard $26
While a 20 pound 1/2 Bushel Bag, admits 6 people into the orchard $36
The farm is open from Tuesday to Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Pay a visit Bolton Orchards and their gift shop for home grown in-season fruits and vegetables, fresh cut flowers (available year round), fruit baskets, gourmet deli & specialty foods, fresh pressed cider, the "best apple deal" in town, homemade fudge, and a little bit more of the "good things in life" all under one roof.
Sweet Berry Farm offers dozens of varieties of apples: Macintosh, Golden Supreme, Gala, Macoun, Cortland, Honeycrisp, Jonagold, Empire, Liberty, Golden Delicious, Red Delicious, Mutsu Crispin, Cameo, Autumn Gala, Ida Red, Fuji, Braeburn and Granny Smith.
The farm is open every day from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Carlson Orchards, Inc. is a 140-acre fruit orchard/agri-business located one hour West of Boston in Harvard. The orchard has been run by the Carlson family since 1936.
A variety of pick your own fruits available July-November including apples, blueberries, raspberries, peaches, nectarines, and pumpkins.
Davis Farmland is the ultimate Children’s Discovery Farm featuring interactive play and learning for children ages 1-8. Davis Farmland is home to the largest sanctuary of Heritage farm animals in North America.
The Apple Orchard features MacIntosh & Cortland apples and the Pumpkin Patch has a variety of sizes to accommodate children and adults.
- Catch AppleFest With Your WOO Card
- Leading in Central MA: Kimberly Ferguson-Owner of Apple Spice Café
- Fall in Central MA: 25 Great Spots for Apples
- Big Apple Circus Returns to Rhode Island
- TIps for Familes: Ancient Greeks, Apple Ideas & More
- Family Matters: Apple Picking, Recipes + More
- Best Apple Orchards of Southern New England
- Attend Apple Days at Old Sturbridge Village With Your Woo Card
- 20 Great Places to go Apple Picking in New England
- Chef Walter’s Flavors + Knowledge: Gelato With Cognac and Apples
- New Apple Watch to be Unveiled Today
- FBI Orders Apple to Unlock San Bernardino Shooter’s iPhone
- Applewild School in Fitchburg to Host Open House on January 24
- The 25 Best Corn Mazes, Apple Orchards and Haunted Houses in New England
- Chef Walter’s Flavors + Knowledge: Frisee With Walnuts, Apples, Grapes, & Blue Cheese