slides: 25 Things to do When It’s Below Zero in New England
Sunday, February 14, 2016
It is going to be FREEZING this weekend. With the wind chill, the National Weather Service says the temperature could drop as low as -25 degrees.
So what do you possibly do when it is this cold out?
GoLocal has assembled a list of things to keep you busy and to keep the time passing by.
See the 25 Things to do When It's Below 0 Slideshow
Video Wall courtesy of Matthew/flickr
Related Slideshow: 20 Things to do When It’s Below Zero in New England
Need to let your kids get all their cooped up energy out? A trampoline park should do it.
With dodgeball, basketball, foam pits and more, indoor trampoline parks have something to offer people of all ages. Whether you want to bring a group of children for the day, or sign up a group of adults for some "xtreme" dodgeball, trampoline parks can be a great change of pace and a fun way to try something new.
Go to a Movie at Showcase Cinemas Worcester North
Much like when it rains, the frigid cold is a great time to go see a flick. There are some great ones out, like Star Wars and newly released Deadpool.
Maybe see multiple movies.
Make a day of it at the movies.
Photo courtesy of David Simpson, Cinematreasures.org
Go Rock Climbing at Carabiner's
Get a bit adventurous and go to one of the several indoor rock climbing facilities around the region.
Whether you choose Rock Spot Climbing in Rhode Island, Carabiner's in Massachusetts, or Vertical Dreams in New Hampshire, it's fun, and it will serve as a work out as well.
Get a Pizza From Worcester Pizza Factory
It's too cold to go out and eat and with your luck you will probably be seated near the door, which would just be a miserable experience.
The Worcester Pizza Factory on Maywood street is ranked as one of the best pizza places in Worcester.
Order a pizza, put on a movie and you are all set.
Start a New Hobby at That's Entertainment
It gets boring doing the same old things over and over. The frigid cold weather is a perfect time to try something new.
Maybe it collecting something or scrapbooking, whatever it is, make it something fun and something you can be passionate about doing.
Hit Twin River Casino for the Day or Night
Just because it’s freezing outside, it doesn't mean you shouldn't try to run hot at the Casinos. Twin River is a fun place to spend the day or night, whether your game is Texas Hold 'Em poker or the slot machines.
If your not a gambler, there are great restaurants, shows and plenty of other sites to be seen for your enjoyment.
Catch Up on GoLocal LIVE
Launched in February of 2017, GoLocal LIVE has done over 1,000 interviews including everyone from Governor Gina Raimondo to music stars like Billy Gilman.
Did you miss an interview? Use this frigid weather as an opportunity to catch up.
To see interviews that you may have missed, click here.
If You Are Traveling Around..
If you are going to be out and about, be sure that your car is equipt with emergency equipment just in case. If it is not, load it up.
Emergency Check List:
Flashlight with extra batteries
Charged cellphone and automobile charger
Basic first aid kit
Blankets or sleeping bags
Extra clothes (including rain gear, boots, mittens, socks)
High-calorie non-perishable foods (dried fruits, nuts, canned food)
Manual can opener
Container of water
Windshield scraper and brush
Shovel Sand, road salt, or cat litter for traction
Tire chains or traction mats
Basic tool kit (pliers, wrench, screwdriver)
Battery jumper cables
Brightly colored cloth to use as a flag
- Winter Reimagined Returnst to Tower Hill on Nov. 27th
- Is New England Going to Have a Harder Winter Than Last?
- Musicians of the Old Post Road Set to Welcome Winter
- Winter Parking Ban Set to be Enforced
- Shrewsbury High School Orchestra Set to Play at Winter Reimagined
- Small Business Association to Provide Winter Weather Tips Via Webinar
- Gallery: Worcester’s Little League Fields After the Brutal Winter
- Worcester Has Spent $4.7 Million in Snow Removal this Winter
- The Cellar: A Wine For Cold Winter Nights
- Worcester Has Issued $17,550 in Sidewalk Citations This Winter
- 25 Things We Won’t Miss About the Winter
- Worcester Art Museum Set to Host Winter Classes
- Leonard Moorehead, the Urban Gardener: Winter Solstice
- Winter Weather Advisory in Effect For Worcester County
- Leonard Moorehead, The Urban Gardener: Winter Blooms
- 25 Things to do in New England This Winter
- Shoveling Tips to Stay Injury Free This Winter
- 8 Dead, 11 States Declare State of Emergency Due to Winter Storm Jonas
- NEW: National Weather Service Issues Winter Weather Advisory for Worcester Area
- Organize+ Energize: 4 Organizing Projects to Tackle This Winter
- NEW: National Weather Service Issues Winter Weather Advisory for Worcester
- Worcester Art Museum to Host Flora in Winter From January 28-31
- PHOTOS: Tuukka Rask’s Patriots Themed Winter Classic Mask
- The 2016 Winter Classic in Vines
- 25 Winter Weather Tips