slides: 25 Things to Look Forward to in New England This Summer
Sunday, May 22, 2016
With summer so close, there is a lot to look forward too including warmer weather on a more consistent basis (we can only hope), marquee sporting events, festivals and of course New England traditions like heading to the beach and sipping Del's Lemonade.
Plus, a whole lot more.
To help you more excited for summer then you already were, GoLocal has compiled a list of 25 things to look forward to in New England this summer.
Check out the Slideshow Below.
Related Slideshow: 25 Things to Look Forward to in New England This Summer
Taking a Cruise on Lake Winnipesaukee aboard the M/S Mount Washington
Lake Winnipesaukee offers some of the best scenery in all of New England and there is no better place to see it from then the M/S Mount Washington.
PHOTO: Lake Winnipesaukee travel guide
The Burlington Discover Jazz Festival
The Burlington Discover Jazz Festival takes place from June 3 to June 12 in downtown Burlington, Vermont.
This 10 day celebration features four stages with free live music, local food and much more.
For more information, click here.
Taking a Cruise on a Windjammer
Head to Maine and sleep aboard a National Landmark, the Maine Windjammer Fleet.
Go on a three, four or six day cruise and get closer than ever before to wildlife like whales, eagles and porpoises while you see some of the best coastal scenery that North America has to offer.
After a successful first festival, the PVDFest returns to Providence for a second year and will take place from June 2-5.
The festival will bring in art, music, performances and more from all over the United States and world for the free outdoor festival.
Newport Folk Festival
The Newport Folk Festival is set to be held from July 22-24 and will feature Norah Jones, who is also playing at th Jazz Festival.
Norah Jones kicks off her week in Newport by headlining the Newport Folk Festival. She will play the festival on the 23.
Visiting Cape Playhouse Theatre
Taking a ride to Cape Cod and visit the oldest summer theatre in the country, Cape Playhouse. Cape Playhouse was first opened in 1927 by Raymond Moore.
The theatre has been home to some of the biggest stars to ever grace a stage like Bette Davis, Humphrey Bogart amongst others.
Enjoying the South County Hot Air Balloon Fest
There is nothing quite like the Hot Air Ballon Fest. This is the place to enjoy glowing hot air balloons, crafts, music, food, fishing, carnival rides, fireworks, and more.
The festival will be held from July 22-24 on the URI athletic fields.
Participating in the Worcester World Cup 2016
The 2016 Wrocester World Cup is set to take place from Friday, August 10 to Sunday August 12.
The Worcester World Cup more than a soccer tournament. It's a celebration of Worcester and a safe, friendly family event that people look forward to all year.
Newport Jazz Festival
After another big year last year, the Newport Jazz Festival is ready to go again this summer, with the headliner for this show also being Norah Jones.
Jones will play the Newport Jazz Festival on the 30th. This performance will come just a week after she plays the Newport Folk Festival.
The Jazz Fest will be held from July 29 - 31
Seeing a Movie at the Rustic Drive-In
Look forwrd to Calling up your friends, pack a picnic, and sit in your car as feature films are projected along giant outdoor screens.
The audio plays right through your radio, so be sure to turn the volume up high as you snack on your candy and popcorn.
Zip Lining in the Berkshires
Looking for something new and exciting? Head to the Berkshires and get yourself on a zip line, maybe even do a canopy tour.
There are three different tour options, starting with the base area tour which lasts an hour or the Moutain Top or Valley Jump tour which takes three hours. Both of those are sure to shoot some adrenaline into your day.
The Little League World Series
While the Little League World Series does not take place in New England, the series is arguably the marquee sporting event of the summer.
There will be a New England team in it this year and therefore, the Little League World Series is always something to look forward to.
Attending the CVS Health Charity Classic
The CVS Charity Classic is a staple sporting event of the summer in Rhode Island and all of New England. This year's field includes Keegan Bradley, Jason Dufner and more, with more players to be announced.
The tournament is set to take place on Monday, June 27 and Tuesday, June 28 at Rhode Island Country Club.
- Tom Finneran: Fear Came Quickly On a Summer’s Day
- Make Yogurt and Cucumber Salad This Summer
- Ask a Bartender: The Best Summer Beer Festivals in New England
- College Admissions: 5 Endless Summer Colleges
- MA Beauty Expert: Midsummer Style
- Monfredo: Beware of the Summer Slide, Loss of Math Skills Are Taking Place
- Finneran: Summer’s Jewels
- Sunburn, Dehydration and Fatigue: The Best Ways to Protect Yourself and Enjoy Summer
- Monfredo: Parents, Beware… The Summer Slide is Back… Need Assistance? Read This Column
- College Admissions: 10 Western Colleges Worth The Trip This Summer
- Worcester’s One City, One Library Branches to Have Revised Summer Hours
- Leonard Moorehead, the Urban Gardener: Summer Garden Vacations
- Worcester Restaurant Week 2015: Summer Edition
- Last Chance for Summer Fun - Rain or Shine in Central MA
- The Cellar: Great Summer Sippers
- Four of 16 Arrests from Worcester Police Summer Gang Investigation Were in April
- 25 Must See Spring & Summer Concerts in New England
- Summer Travel is Coming - Which States Tourism Campaign is Most Alluring?
- College Admissions: 6 Great Summer Reads for College Students (And Their Parents)
- MA Beauty Expert: The Art of Blushing - Creamy Color for Summer’s End
- Monfredo: College Community Connection ... A Great Summer School Experience
- Ask a Bartender: What are the Best Summer Rum Drinks?
- 25 Things to Do in Central MA Before the Summer Ends
- Finneran: August’s Soft Summer Nights
- Worcester Ranks at Bottom of National List for Summer Travel Destination