Author Rick Moody to Discuss Newest Novel “Hotels of North America” at Clark U.
Friday, October 28, 2016
The event will take place on Thursday, November 3 at 7 p.m. and is free and open to the public.
Hiram Frederick “Rick” Moody, is an American novelist and short story writer known for the 1994 bestselling novel “The Ice Storm,” a chronicle of the dissolution of two suburban Connecticut families set in 1973. The book was also made into a feature film of the same title.
Moody’s first novel, “Garden State,” was the winner of the 1991 Pushcart Press Editor’s Choice Award.
Moody has taught in several writing programs across the country, and has appeared in several publications including Esquire, Harper’s and The New Yorker.
Moody is the recipient of several awards including a Paris Review Aga Khan Prize and a Guggenheim Fellowship.
He is currently a lecturer at New York University.
Related Slideshow: Top Shelf Tuesday - October 4, 2016
What started out as a Kickstarter by beloved novelist Jane Green quickly blossomed in its demand. With behind-the-scenes looks at these simple and delicious recipes, all of which are straight from Jane's kitchen, they'll easily become classics in yours as well.
For tickets to the 10/26 Jane Green author luncheon at the Casino at Roger Williams Park complete with recipes from Jane’s cookbook and an autographed copy of the cookbook please click HERE.
Isaac Fizgerald and Wendy MacNauhton
The second in its series, Fitzgerald and MacNaughton present a quirky and colorful collection of chefs and the stories behind their tattoos. Compiling tales and recipes from more than 65 chefs, this conversation piece is a must for anyone who loves food, knives, or ink. (Out 10/18)
Natalie Eve Garrett
Inspired by the 1961 publication of the same name, Garrett now pairs stunning illustrations with recipes from some of today's most renowned artistic luminaries. The roster includes (but is certainly not limited to): Joyce Carol Oates, TC Boyle, Ann Hood, and James Franco. (Out 10/11. Tune into the Reading With Robin podcast on iTunes for the interview)
Rich Landau and Kate Jacoby
From the Philly-based cult status culinary duo comes over 100 recipes inspired by the menu at their eponymous eatery. Brimming with stunning travel photography, anecdotes, and tips for the kitchen, these veggie-focused riffs on street food will leave home chefs endlessly inspired.
- Clark University Buildings Being Heated by Waste Vegetable Oil
- Clark U. Professor Ross to Host Lecture on The Horrors of Sweatshops
- Clark U. Professor Guides Parents of Gay/Lesbian Children in New Book
- Clark U. Ranked Among Schools That Give Students “Best Bang for Buck”
- Clark U. Ranked as One of Top Peace Corps Producing Schools in Country
- “Moral Injuries of War” Lecture to be Held at Clark U.
- Sen. Moore Holds Discussion on Higher Education With Clark U. Students
- Clark University Ranked as Top 20 Entrepreneurial University in Country
- Clark University to Host Robert Moses as Part of President’s Lecture Series
- Clark University Launches Gluten-Free Dining Station
- Former Clark U. President Bassett Honored by Worcester Education Collaborative
- New York Times Bestseller, Naomi Klein, to Speak at Clark U.
- Senator Elizabeth Warren to Speak at Clark U. on March 14
- Clark U to Present Igor Stravinsky’s “A Soldier’s Tale”
- Clark U to Host Discussion on the History of Atlantic Slave Trade
- Clark U to Host Lecture on Syrian Refugee Crisis & U.S. Policy in Middle East
- Tom Petty Biographer Warren Zanes to Host Talk at Clark University
- MA State Auditor Bump to Speak at Clark University
- Clark U Launches School of Professional Studies
- Clark University to Host Lecture Focusing on Immigration Law
- Clark University and Councilman King Celebrate Youth Worker Training Institute 2016 Graduation
- Clark U. to Host Screening of Domingo Guyton’s “Footprints in the Concrete”
- MERGE for Equality to Host Healthy Men & Boys Summit on June 15 at Clark U
- Clark U Awarded $620,000 Grant from Mellon Foundation
- Clark U. to Host Lecture on Holocaust History and Survivor Testimony