Back To School Organize + Energize: Creating Homework Spaces
Wednesday, September 04, 2013
Here are 5 tips to create an atmosphere where your child will be focused and excited to do their homework:
Choose a desk and chair that are comfortable and ergonomically correct for your child. Be sure to test the desk and chair to make sure it is functional and suits them.
Be sure to stock the desk area with all the supplies your child will need. Have filing systems in place.
Keep a calendar on the desk so your child can keep track of important due dates and events. Also get in them in the habit of creating daily to-do lists and keeping them on this desk.
Your children will get in the habit of utilizing their desk and their paperwork will not be spread out all over the home. They won’t lose important papers, because all the papers will be contained to their desk area.
Work with your child and set up organized systems that your child will follow through with. Filing away paperwork, putting back supplies when finished, and checking off items on a to-list are just a few important organizational tips. Give your child structure and systems and they will appreciate it.
Even if you don’t think you have the space in your home, take a look around, you may be surprised where you can carve a small nook out for your child to have their own space. It’s the beginning of the school year and it’s a great time to give your children a space of their own to complete their schoolwork.
- Back To School Organize + Energize: 5 Ways To Make Mornings Easier
- Back To School Organize + Energize: Managing Family Paperwork
- Back to School Beauty
- Back to School: 7 Tips for a Great First Day
- Back to School: Best RI Stuff for the Dorm
- Back to School: Dorm Packing 101
- Back to School: Organize Your Home
- Back to School: Savvy Shopping
- Family Matters: 14 Mom-to-Mom Tips for Back to School
- Family Matters: 21 Books for Getting Back to School
- Getting Out: Family Outings Before The Kids Go Back To School
- Hot Trends for Back To School Fashion
- Organize + Energize: 5 Tips For Easier Back To School Shopping
- Organize + Energize: Back To School Family Calendar Ideas