Charity Art Class Looks to “Paint Away Breast Cancer”
Tuesday, October 02, 2012
"Since October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I just thought this would be a really cool thing to help raise money," Just PAINT owner Susan Dunshee said. "I've always loved art and painting, and this studio has given me the chance to teach that to other people."
The class, entitled "Paint Away Breast Cancer" will donate all proceeds to the Susan G. Komen Passionately Pink for the Cure fund, which supports research, education, screenings and treatment programs for breast cancer. While it is for a great cause, Dunshee says anyone interested should also come for the relaxing social environment.
"It's a relaxed setting, and all my adult classes are all BYOB," Dunshee said with a chuckle. "I think people get nervous sometimes when they're learning new things, so I've found that relaxing with a glass of wine while you learn to paint is a nice way to spend an evening."
Reservations are required to attend the class, and you can make them by calling Just PAINT at 508-277-6986. The class is $35, and refreshments will be served. For more information on Just PAINT, visit their Facebook page here.
- How Central Mass Can Help Fight Cancer
- Northbridge Lacrosse Raises over $1,000 for Cancer Research
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month: Hospital Seminar Discusses What Every Woman Should Know
- Doherty Boys Volleyball Raises Money for Breast Cancer Research
- Harr Motor Group Donates $25,000 for UMass Cancer Walk