Clark to Host Free Screening of Award-Winning Film “Generation Zapped”
Monday, April 16, 2018
The screening will take place on Thursday, April 26 at 6:30 p.m. in Jefferson Hall.
Following the screening, there will be a Q&A facilitated by the sponsoring organization, the Worcester Info Team for Health (WITH), which is comprised of local volunteer activists. WITHs mission is to support Worcester decision-makers and others in learning about and mitigating public health risks posed by the rapid roll-out of wireless devices and infrastructure.
Directed by Los Angeles-based film-maker, Sabine El Gemayal, Generation Zapped addresses the timely issue of adverse health impacts of radio frequency electromagnetic fields -- that is, radiation from cell phones, Wi-Fi, wireless smart meters and other wireless devices.
The film offers timely information on research and policy, as well as solutions for protecting public safety by using technology safely and responsibly.
Wireless Overexposure in U.S.
Worldwide, scientists and serious independent observers report that even very weak fields can have cumulative biological effects, and humans and other forms of life are being exposed to at least 100,000 times the level of wireless radiation we were exposed to a few decades ago.
Meanwhile, new wireless devices continue to enter the market without any proper pre-market testing or post-market health monitoring. Thousands of studies point to the wisdom of taking protective measures. In the absence of sufficient action from regulating bodies and industry, people are on their own regarding precautionary measures.
- Criminal Justice Expert Fradella to Give Lecture on Racial Justice and Policing at Clark
- Poverty Researcher Elwood to Present ‘Visual Poverty Politics’ Lecture at Clark
- “Global Cultures” Conference at Clark to Feature International Writers
- Clark Receives an ‘A’ in Niche 2018 Best Colleges
- Arthur Ashe Courage Award Winner Bozella to Speak at Clark
- NAACP Leader Patterson to Talk Climate & Racial Justice at Clark
- Clark to Host Symposium on Children & Mass Violence
- Clark to Celebrate Constitution Day With Panel on Criminal Justice Reform
- Clark Professor Akçam Receives ‘Upstander’ Award From World Without Genocide
- Clark to Host Panel Discussion on Paris Climate Accord
- Clark Adds 3 to Board of Trustees
- Clark to Host Conference Honoring Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Clark University Recognizes Two For Service to Worcester Community
- Clark Announces 114th Commencement Ceremony, Ibrahim to be Speaker
- Clark Named One of Most Promising Places to Work in Student Affairs
- London’s Sir Marmot to Speak at Clark as Part of President’s Lecture
- Clark Professor Michaels to Receive Lifetime Achievement Award
- Filmmaker Davis to Host Lecture Called “Whose Streets” at Clark
- Clark Professor Peet to Receive Lifetime Achievement Award From American Assoc. of Geographers
- Clark’s Grad School of Management Recognized as a Top Business School