Condit: John Mulaney at the Hanover Theatre
Friday, July 31, 2015
Mulaney began his career in New York’s East Village as part of the two-man “Oh Hello Show” with comedian Nick Kroll. John Mulaney is quickly becoming one of the most sought after young comedians today, and I can understand why. During my first conversation with his promoter, I commented on how he seemed like an incredibly nice person and how often do we have the opportunity to laugh along with a funny, yet nice, comedian? This is someone we all would want in our circle of friends, especially after hearing his story about “The Salt and Pepper Diner.” I was laughing so hard about his childhood antics that tears were running down my face! Then I appreciated a whole different side of him after watching “Ask a Grown Man” where he delivers sensitive yet sincere and honest advice about guys and dating. He was so good, I actually shared the video with my teenager, just for future reference.
I also enjoyed when John Mulaney “Shares His Best Heckle Story” where he’s humble and humorous at the same time. In fact, it may be his dry yet mischievous side that really gets me. Check out the clip of how “John Mulaney Loves Messing with Bill Hader” from his 2012 appearance on TBS’ CONAN. He was a writer for Saturday Night Live at the time, and he talks about his “Stefon” character. If you remember this character, then you may also be interested in how it was created. Watch Mulaney’s 2014 segment on Late Night with Seth Meyers after they won an Emmy Award as song writers for Justin Timberlake. You can bet these guys are fun to be around!
- Condit: Theatre Brings TV Favorites to Life for Young Audiences
- Condit: The Hanover Theatre Announces Season Full of Broadway Smash Hits
- Condit: Provocative Pink Martini Mixes with Young Professionals
- Condit: What do Wanda Sykes and my Two Best Friends Have in Common?
- Condit: Cooperation and Good Will for a Great Cause with Dancing Pros: Live!
- Condit: Q&A with The Hanover Theatre’s CEO and President
- Condit: The Words of E.L. Doctorow Live On
- Condit: Pressure, Preparation, and Positivity as Ingredients for Success
- Condit: The Annual Volunteer Appreciation Dinner
- Condit: Have Some Fun and Share the Love!
- Condit: Behind the Scenes with Roger McGuinn
- Condit: Passion, Love and Abundance with Deepak Chopra, MD
- Condit: Plan Ahead for Family Bonding
- Condit: History Comes Alive Through Theatre Tales and Tours
- Condit: Frank Carroll’s Mission to Help Feed the Hungry Continues
- Condit: Leadership Tips from the Improv Experts
- Condit: Camelot: Fresh Take on King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table
- Condit: Classic Fun for All, Live and In Color!
- Condit: The Hanover Theatre Celebrates Its Birthday with Founders Tours
- Condit: Behind the Scenes with The Hanover Theatre
- Condit: Audition Notice for Role in Production of Camelot at The Hanover Theatre