Condit: Passion, Love and Abundance with Deepak Chopra, MD
Friday, July 17, 2015
Imagine starting your work day with a morning meeting to discuss an important project. It starts with a mind-blowing video on the journey to enlightenment that moves into a meditation about abundance. Then your time together ends as your whole group is filled with gratitude and inspired to action. It may sound a little over the top, but that’s what happened when members of our marketing and development teams met to gain a better understanding of what makes Deepak Chopra, MD truly unique and interesting before presenting his new book, Super Genes: The Future of Wellbeing, at The Hanover Theatre on November 11.
Admittedly, my knowledge of Deepak Chopra started when Oprah featured him on her show as the renowned expert and pioneer in integrated medicine. If you or someone you know has every felt pain, struggled with health issues, or is interested in living a healthier and happier life, then you may be familiar with the Chopra Center for Well Being in La Jolla, California. As a physician and best-selling author, Deepak makes a compelling case for our ability to modify our genes through our actions and behaviors. His new book follows the New York Times bestseller Super Brain with the promise of ‘radical well-being’ through simple changes in lifestyle. There was a great article July 15, 2015 in The Sydney Morning Herald, about why Deepak Chopra believes ‘radical wellbeing’ is the future of health and its positive effect on our communities and society in general.
All I know is that the more I read and research Deepak Chopra, the more relevant tips and information I learn. Of course EVERYTHING is related, but who isn’t interested in topics ranging from “Seven Reasons People Aren’t Listening to You” to attracting abundance as our divine right, love, fulfillment, happiness and health. Some may feel overwhelmed by the amount of information Deepak Chopra publishes, but the impact and ultimate message seems much simpler. Our thoughts impact the pathways in our brain, which changes the way our genes behave. These changes impact our body’s abilities and overall health and heralds a new era of “self-directed biological transformation” and I can’t wait to hear Deepak Chopra talk about how we can rewire our super genes for health and happiness!
You can bet that I’ll be there November 11 to receive a copy of Chopra’s latest book and listen eagerly to his message. Tickets to see this international health and wellness guru are on sale to theatre members now before going on sale to the public Tuesday, July 21 at 10am.
- Condit: Behind the Scenes with The Hanover Theatre
- Condit: Audition Notice for Role in Production of Camelot at The Hanover Theatre
- Condit: Theatre Brings TV Favorites to Life for Young Audiences
- Condit: The Hanover Theatre Announces Season Full of Broadway Smash Hits
- Condit: The Hanover Theatre Celebrates Its Birthday with Founders Tours
- Condit: Cooperation and Good Will for a Great Cause with Dancing Pros: Live!
- Condit: Leadership Tips from the Improv Experts
- Condit: History Comes Alive Through Theatre Tales and Tours
- Condit: Pressure, Preparation, and Positivity as Ingredients for Success
- Condit: Have Some Fun and Share the Love!
- Condit: Frank Carroll’s Mission to Help Feed the Hungry Continues
- Condit: Behind the Scenes with Roger McGuinn
- Condit: Provocative Pink Martini Mixes with Young Professionals
- Condit: Plan Ahead for Family Bonding
- Condit: Classic Fun for All, Live and In Color!
- Condit: The Annual Volunteer Appreciation Dinner
- Condit: What’s a Food Hub, and What Does it Have to do with Theatre?
- Condit: Camelot: Fresh Take on King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table
- Condit: What do Wanda Sykes and my Two Best Friends Have in Common?
- Condit: Q&A with The Hanover Theatre’s CEO and President
- Condit: Take Your Passion and Make It Happen!