Condit: Plan Ahead for Family Bonding
Friday, July 03, 2015
Either way, there are some key elements to a successful weekend ahead. For me, fun with family and friends involves a shared experience that often requires a great deal of coordination. There’s nothing like bonding over something funny or introducing a new and unique experience to stimulate conversation and elevate and enhance the time we spend with others. It’s what makes our time with the people we care about truly special and brings our relationships to a whole new level. On that note, I hope everyone has a phenomenal weekend full of food, fun, fireworks (if you like them), music, and overall happiness as we celebrate our country’s independence.
As the epitome of summer holidays is upon us, it got me thinking about how quickly time flies. We’ll be planning for the fall, holidays, and beyond if we haven’t already. I know; let the sparklers fizzle before we start ringing the sleigh bells…but we all know that proper planning prevents poor performance. If you have children, nephews, nieces, grandchildren, or other young people in your life, then you know just how quickly schedules fill up! The same is true for the best seats for The Hanover Theatre’s most popular shows.
Now through the end of the summer, there are some special incentives for subscribing to the 2014-2015 Broadway Series. With Tony Award-winning smash hits including The Producers, Dr. Seuss’ How The Grinch Stole Christmas! The Musical, Ragtime, 42nd Street, Annie, Saturday Night Fever, and Dirty Dancing, next season is full of hit songs, fabulous dancing, inspirational stories, and some of our favorite movies brought to life. This series is perfect for date night, but it also offers a great opportunity to share the magic of live entertainment in one of the top 50 theatres in the world, right here in downtown Worcester.
Subscribers already receive the best seats at the best price for the entire Broadway Series, but as someone recently pointed out to me, these are not the only reasons to subscribe. Many subscribers value their complimentary membership as a way to participate as a member of the theatre in the revitalization and resurgence of culture in our community. This is especially important for parents and grandparents who want to instill a love of the performing arts within their spheres of influence. Extensive research shows that exposing children to culture and theatre enhances much of their academic, social, and emotional development, and who doesn’t want future generations to be compassionate, thoughtful and creative problem solvers?!
Family discount subscriptions are now available, and when you look at the overall package, it’s hard to resist. Family subscriptions are customized based on the number of adults and students with a valid ID within each unit. Based on just one adult and student subscription, the savings range from $214-$314! Plus, if people subscribe online, they’ll receive $20 in Broadway Bucks to use on shows throughout the 2014-2015 season. So, after the sparklers sizzle this weekend, start planning now to make the most of the season ahead…and we’ll see you at the theatre!
- Worcester’s 10 Coolest People: Lisa Condit, Hanover Theatre Director of PR
- Condit: Classic Fun for All, Live and In Color!
- Condit: Audition Notice for Role in Production of Camelot at The Hanover Theatre
- Condit: The Hanover Theatre Celebrates Its Birthday with Founders Tours
- Condit: What do Wanda Sykes and my Two Best Friends Have in Common?
- Condit: Cooperation and Good Will for a Great Cause with Dancing Pros: Live!
- Condit: Leadership Tips from the Improv Experts
- Condit: History Comes Alive Through Theatre Tales and Tours
- Condit: Frank Carroll’s Mission to Help Feed the Hungry Continues
- Condit: Q&A with The Hanover Theatre’s CEO and President
- Condit: Camelot: Fresh Take on King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table
- Condit: Behind the Scenes with Roger McGuinn
- Condit: Provocative Pink Martini Mixes with Young Professionals
- Condit: Have Some Fun and Share the Love!
- Condit: What’s a Food Hub, and What Does it Have to do with Theatre?
- Condit: The Annual Volunteer Appreciation Dinner
- Condit: Behind the Scenes with The Hanover Theatre
- Condit: The Hanover Theatre Announces Season Full of Broadway Smash Hits
- Condit: Take Your Passion and Make It Happen!
- Condit: Theatre Brings TV Favorites to Life for Young Audiences