Condit: Take Your Passion and Make It Happen!
Wednesday, February 11, 2015
When I spoke with Davis, her energy and enthusiasm was contagious. It seems as though she has found her sweet spot as the executive producer of Flashdance: The Musical, generously sponsored by UniBank, and playing at The Hanover Theatre for the Performing Arts this Friday through Sunday.
“What better show to warm up your winter, and forget about all that snow outside,” Davis gushed. Sometimes people can be cynical about whether enthusiasm is sincere, but with Davis there is no question. She just loves the story of Alex, the steel mill welder, who comes from very humble beginnings, and is able to compete against all of the other dancers who have better technique, training, and resources. The music is uplifting, the love story is perfect for Valentine’s Day weekend, and the message of “take your passion and make it happen” is universal, especially for people trying to find their way in the world.
The more Davis talked about the music in Flashdance: The Musical, the more excited I became as we reminisced about all of those blockbuster hits, including the Academy Award-winning song, “Flashdance – What a Feeling,” “Maniac,” “Manhunt,” and “I Love Rock & Roll.” It’s hard to believe that this iconic film came out 30 years ago, but if you’re thinking that this is going to be a rehashed version full of old hits, think again. There are 16 hot new songs written expressly for the stage production and musical.
With sizzling choreography and hot dance numbers, Dani guarantees that the heat from the stage will melt even the coolest critic.
There are still great seats left for performances Friday, February 13 through Sunday, February 15 at The Hanover Theatre for the Performing Arts. Full price tickets start at $44, and the remaining balcony seats for Sunday’s performance are just $20 with the code FLASH. Get tickets online at TheHanoverTheatre.org, or call 877.571.SHOW(7469). You may also save on fees when you visit the box office, located at 2 Southbridge Street, Worcester.
Lisa Condit is the Director of Marketing and Public Relations for the Hanover Theatre.
(Videowall photo: Flashdance – The Musical. Photo by Denise Truscello)
- Worcester’s 10 Coolest People: Lisa Condit, Hanover Theatre Director of PR
- Can The Hanover Theatre Help Spark Worcester’s Downtown?
- Ballet Arts Worcester Presents The Nutcracker at Hanover Theatre
- The Price is Right Hits the Hanover Theatre
- The Hanover Theatre’s Best Shows of the Last Five Years
- PowerPlayer: The Hanover Theatre’s Troy Siebels
- Hanover Theatre To Host Film-Inspired Photo Exhibit
- NEW: Hanover Theatre to Host THE PRICE IS RIGHT LIVE
- NEW: Worcester’s Hanover Theatre Ranked Among World’s Best
- NEW: Hanover Theatre Tops in Worldwide Ticket Sales
- Hanover Theatre’s Youth Program Takes Stage for “Legally Blonde”
- Catch Swan Lake at the Hanover Theatre With Your WOO Card
- See Last Comic Standing Live Tour at The Hanover Theatre With Your Woo Card
- WGBH’s A Christmas Celtic Sojourn to Return to The Hanover Theatre
- Hanover Theatre to Celebrate Legacy of Music Worcester