Condit: The Hanover Theatre Celebrates Its Birthday with Founders Tours
Thursday, March 12, 2015
Ed Madaus and Paul Demoga had a dream when they toured the empty Showcase Cinema building years before. Not everyone believed in the dream, and the founders admit that most thought they were crazy. But the important thing is that enough of the right people shared their vision, and after a $32 million renovation and restoration made possible through the generosity of local foundations, key corporate and individual supporters, and the tireless efforts of board members, community supporters, volunteers and staff, the theatre did in fact open… and has grown into one of Pollstar’s top theatres in the world, right here in Worcester!
If you’re interested in hearing recollections and stories from the people who made the theatre possible, check out the newly launched Founders’ Tours, starting on Wednesday, March 25 at noon and recurring monthly. Madaus and Demoga will take participants on their own tour of the theatre, with colorful stories about what really happened behind the scenes!
If you’re more interested in learning more about the history of the theatre from an architectural view, then consider joining theatre docents for a Historical & Architectural Tour on Wednesday, June 3 at noon. Special arrangements can also be made for groups of eight or more with advance reservations by calling 877.571.SHOW(7469).
Both styles of theatre tours are free for members of The Hanover Theatre, and only $5 for nonmembers. Tickets are available online at TheHanoverTheatre.org.
- Condit: Classic Fun for All, Live and In Color!
- Condit: Take Your Passion and Make It Happen!
- Worcester’s 10 Coolest People: Lisa Condit, Hanover Theatre Director of PR
- Condit: Cooperation and Good Will for a Great Cause with Dancing Pros: Live!
- Condit: What’s a Food Hub, and What Does it Have to do with Theatre?
- Can The Hanover Theatre Help Spark Worcester’s Downtown?
- The Hanover Theatre Prepares to Go Solar
- PowerPlayer: The Hanover Theatre’s Troy Siebels