Construction Under Way on New Creative Hub Worcester
Friday, June 10, 2016
“Art is really a way of thinking, a way of being and seeing life. To be able to think critically by looking at something, twist it around, turn it, spin it, and come up with something new (ideation) is what the arts are all about. We look at things differently, and it's that innovative side, that creative-problem solving side that I love showing and exposing people to," said co-founder Stacy Lord.
Creative Hub Worcester will be a place for artistic and cultural communities in Worcester. From children and adults to emerging artists and professionals, art lovers from all places in life will be able to call the hub home.
The hub will provide members with an accessible multi purpose location which includes gallery space, classroom space and a visual arts maker space. There will be private artist studios as well as creative office unites available to rent.
“I have always strived to find ways to bring the joy of art to as many people as possible. Art has a unique way of moving people, making them feel proud of themselves, and making them feel connected to the world around them. As an educator in the public school system, I am lucky enough to be able to bring the power of art to my students every day. Now I want to bring it to the whole community by developing a dynamic, ever evolving creative ecosystem that all members of the city can experience and be a part of,” said co-founder Laura Marotta.
The open house preview is scheduled for Saturday, June 25 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- ArtsWorcester Announces Opening of Grayscale Exhibit
- stART at the Station Holiday Arts Festival Returns December 6
- Thanksgiving Travel in 4 Charts
- Monfredo: Worcester Needs to Lead Way in Establishing Heartsafe Community
- How We Celebrate Thanksgiving in 7 Charts
- Worcester Bravehearts Release 2016 Schedule
- Actress and Civic Leader Brigita Clementi to Receive ArtsWorcester Award
- Fit For Life: It Starts With “I Can”
- How Do We Get More Women in Elected Office? It Starts With Girls.
- Worcester Bravehearts to Host 2016 Futures League All-Star Game
- 10 to Watch in 2016: Dave Peterson, General Manager Bravehearts
- Worcester Arts Council Announces MCC Gold Star to N-CITE
- Worcester Public Schools to Present Awards to Outstanding Seniors in the Arts
- Bravehearts Add 8 Players For Upcoming Season
- Reliant Medical Named Million Hearts 2015 Hypertension Control Champions
- Bravehearts Name J.P. Pyne as New Manager
- Bob Lobel to be Radio Play-by-Play Man for Worcester Bravehearts
- Worcester Joins National Study on Arts & Economic Prosperity
- Bravehearts to Host Cape Cod League Team in Exhibition Game
- 5 Charts Show How the Oscars’ Diversity Problem Goes Far Beyond the Academy
- Bravehearts Add 7 Massachusetts Players to 2016 Roster
- ArtsWorcester Announces Prize Winners for 2016 College Show
- EMT Starts Boycott of Cumberland Farms Over Free Coffee Policy
- 11 Charts Show How Falling Oil Prices Have Changed the Economy