DON’T MISS: Political Analyst Dee Dee Myers at the Hanover Theatre
Wednesday, February 26, 2014
The event, part of the Worcester Connects Distinguished Speaker Series, will feature Myers as she discusses her career experiences as White House Press Secretary, as a political analyst, and as a consultant to NBC's The West Wing.
Myers will also discuss the rising presence of women in leadership roles in politics, business, science, and academia. Additionally, she will discuss the many key attributes that many women possess that are necessary to break down barriers, build understanding, and create conditions for peace.
Tickets for this event available for $30 or $40. A 10 percent discount available for members, corporate partners and WOO Card holders. $15 tickets available for teachers and students.
For more information, visit the website or contact the box office at 877.571.SHOW (7469)
Related Slideshow: Winter Activities
Tubing at Ward
Ski Ward in Shrewsbury has something for the everyone in the family—snow bugs and otherwise. Get your thrills and relive your childhood while you tube down the hillside. If tubing isn’t your thing, pack your skis or snowboard and hit the slopes; Ward has 3 terrain features. After the snow fun comes to a close, make sure to grab a hot cocoa or adult beverage and bite to eat to round out the day!
1000 Main Street, Shrewsbury, MA. (508) 842-6346.
Photo: Aline D./Flickr
If a sleigh ride through the snowy New England countryside doesn’t warm the heart, nothing will. This weekend, take your significant other (or the whole family) to Sweet Brook Farm in Williamstown for a good old fashioned sleigh ride. This nostalgic wintertime tradition lasts about 45 minutes, and even includes a hot cocoa pit stop at a cabin in the woods.
508 Oblong Road, Williamstown, MA. (413) 884-4246.
Photo: Pete Markham/Flickr
Yankee Candle Village
Let your worries disappear and take in a little retail therapy…while buying gifts for you! Yankee Candle Village in South Deerfield is synonymous with Christmas…they start their Christmas countdown on December 26th. If the weather isn’t quite wintry enough outside, snow will surely be falling in the indoor village. Learn how to make a candle, peruse over 400,000 candles, munch on holiday goodies, and make light hearted memories that will last a lifetime—all so close to home.
25 Greenfield Road, South Deerfield, MA. (877) 636-7707.
Photo: Massachusetts Office of Travel & Tourism/Flickr
Stockbridge, MA is a quintessential New England town that was made famous by Norman Rockwell. Take a breather from the stress of the holiday season and take a trip to this iconic town. View the streets of Rockwell’s picturesque hometown and take in the winter chill before heading to the Norman Rockwell Museum. The museum features the largest collection of the painter’s original works in the world, his supplies, reference materials, personal memorabilia, and more.
9 Route 183, Stockbridge, MA. (413) 298-4100.
Photo: Massachusetts Office of Travel and Tourism/Flickr
Christmas By Candlelight
Old Sturbridge Village is a New England classic year round. At Christmas, there is no better place to enjoy an old fashioned celebration than right at OSV. Christmas by Candlelight is the perfect event to get away from the sometimes hectic holiday season. For 3 special weekends in December, visitors are invited to enjoy roasted chestnuts, gingerbread, sleigh rides, Victorian carolers, Mrs. Cratchet’s Christmas dinner and more at this one of a kind event.
1 Old Sturbridge Village Road, Sturbridge, MA. (800) 733-1830.
There is nothing more romantic than a holiday getaway to the sea. This weekend, escape the holiday frenzy and head to Edgartown, MA on Martha’s Vineyard for the town’s 32nd annual Christmas in Edgartown Celebration. Enjoy complimentary holiday massages, raffles, horse drawn carriage rides, the annual lighting of the lighthouse, food sampling events and more.
Photo: Edgartown Board of Trade
Take the bite off the winter chill this weekend and take a drive to Nashoba Valley Winery in Bolton. The winery hosts tasting events everyday from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. For just $5.00, you will receive a free tasting glass and samples of up to five different wines. Some favorites include Strawberry Rhubarb Wine, Holiday Special Cranberry Apple (new release November 2013), and New English Cider. While you’re in store, make sure to grab a couple of bottles—they make perfect holiday gifts for anyone (yourself included!)
100 Wattaquadock Hill Road, Bolton, MA. (978) 779-5521.
Pull out the ice skates and revive your childhood dreams at the ice skating rink. There is something so magical and invigorating about gliding over a fresh sheet of ice. Why not take a short, close-tohome getaway to the Worcester Common Oval Public Skating Rink? Spend a few hours out on the ice, and afterwards grab a hot chocolate and take a drive around the city to see the holiday lights.
455 Main Street, Worcester, MA.
Photo: Elvert Barnes/Flickr
Watch the magic of the holiday season unfold before your eyes at one of Worcester’s performance treasures. The Hanover Theatre is loaded with great holiday performances during December. Join the Theatre for family favorites like A Christmas Carol and others. Make sure to call the box office for tickets ASAP—these shows are sellouts year after year.
The Hanover Theatre, 2 Southbridge Street, Worcester, MA. (877) 571-7469.
Photo: Massachusetts Office of Travel and Tourism/Flickr
Mechanics Hall, 321 Main Street, Worcester, MA. (508) 752-0888.
Photo: Gabriel Saldana/Flickr
- From Broadway to Worcester: Mary Poppins Debuts at Hanover
- NEW: Hurricane Sandy to Cost The Hanover More Than $120 Million
- The Hanover Theatre’s WOOphoric Broadway Preview Party
- Hanover Theatre To Host Film-Inspired Photo Exhibit
- NEW: Worcester’s Hanover Theatre Ranked Among World’s Best
- The Price is Right Hits the Hanover Theatre
- Babe Ruth Would Have Tipped His Hat to the Hanover Museum
- Hanover Theatre Welcomes Award-Winning Broadway Shows
- PowerPlayer: The Hanover Theatre’s Troy Siebels
- WOOphoric Broadway Preview Party at The Hanover
- Ballet Arts Worcester Presents The Nutcracker at Hanover Theatre
- Hanover Theatre to Celebrate Legacy of Music Worcester
- The Addams Family Comes to the Hanover Theatre
- Catch Swan Lake at the Hanover Theatre With Your WOO Card
- Hanover Theatre’s Youth Program Takes Stage for “Legally Blonde”
- The Hanover Aiding Worcester Students with ‘Quest for Success’ Expo
- Catch The Addams Family At The Hanover Theatre With Your WOO Card
- NEW: Hanover Insurance Joins Lincoln St. Area Business Assoc.
- The Hanover Spreads Holiday Cheer With Grants to Local Non-Profits
- Central Mass. Culture Vulture: Ronan Tynan Returns To The Hanover
- NEW: Hanover Theatre Tops in Worldwide Ticket Sales
- The Hanover Theatre Prepares to Go Solar
- Culture Vulture: The Nutcracker Ballet Returns To Hanover Theatre
- NEW: Hanover Theatre to Host THE PRICE IS RIGHT LIVE
- The Hanover Theatre’s Best Shows of the Last Five Years