EcoTarium To Host the Great Pumpkin Fest
Friday, October 03, 2014
The event will include a variety of family activities.
-Creative displays of more than 1,000 carved pumpkins, lit after dark
-Full access to museum and grounds
-Free digital planetarium shows (limited seating)
-Spooktacular science programs
-Trick-or-treating (while supplies last)
-Entertainment and fun for all ages!
Friendly Halloween costumes are encouraged! Bring a flashlight to light your way at night and be sure to dress for the weather. This event takes place rain or shine.
Tickets can be purchased at the door on the day of the event, or in advance online or at the EcoTarium Ticket & Information Desk. Tickets are for one-time use, with no re-admittance during the event. For more information, please call 508-929-2700.
No coupons or discounts may be applied for Great Pumpkin Fest, and there are no refunds. Proceeds benefit the EcoTarium.
Cost: Tickets are $15 per person, $12 for EcoTarium members. Children under 2 are free.
Related Slideshow: 25 Fall Weekend Activities
Visit a Winery
Autumn is the best grape-growing season.
Visit one of New England's top wineries.
GoLocal's Food Editors Ann & Michael Martini recommend the Newport Mansions Wine and Food Festival, Newport Vineyards, Greenvale Vineyards, Langworthy Farm Winery, and Carolyn's Sakonnet Vineyards.
Or wind your way through Southern New England on the Coastal Wine Trail .
See a Meteor Shower
On October 20 to the 21 is the next meteor shower.
Named Orionids for the constellation Orion, this shower can produce up to 5-20 meteors per hour.
For a special treat, head north to Acadia National Park for the Acadia Night Sky Festival.
Attend astronomy workshops and take a nighttime boat cruise.
Spread out the blanket and set up the telescope to spy a few shooting star
Known as the cream of the crop of New England fall festivals, The Big E is the largest agricultural event on the east coast and the sixth-largest fair in the nation.
Not only does The Big E have the usual: food, entertainment, and amusement park rides, but it also boasts the Avenue of States.
The fair has a replica of each statehouse in New England. Inside each replica, experience what makes the state unique. Stop by the Lego exhibit in Connecticut and taste the maple syrup in Vermont.
Top off the day with a visit to the circus.
Spend Columbus Day Weekend on Newport’s downtown waterfront sampling both seasonal and international beer varieties.
Don't schuplattle on an empty stomach by eating plenty of Austro-German cuisine from Schnitzels & Giggles, fresh baked pretzels, spiral potatoes and more.
Photo credit: Rick Farrell of Mojo Photography
- EcoTarium Rolls Out Summer Adventure Lineup
- New: EcoTarium to Host A Night at The Museum
- Summer Full of Fun Planned at Worcester’s EcoTarium
- EcoTarium Receives $244,290 Grant for Electrical Grid Connection
- Worcester’s EcoTarium to Host Casino For Kids Next Month
- NEW: DinoTracks Exhibit Offers Blast from the Past at EcoTarium
- EcoTarium Hosts Arm Fart Competition to Celebrate Gross Bodies
- Joseph Cox Named New President of EcoTarium
- NEW: EcoTarium Offering Children Chance to Explore Animal Habitats
- Catch Free Fun Friday at EcoTarium With Your WOO Card
- EcoTarium Announces Half Price September
- Worcester’s EcoTarium Receives National Award for School Readiness Program
- Walk Atop the Trees at EcoTarium with Your WOO Card
- Worcester EcoTarium Tree Canopy Walkway to Open on June 24
- National Grid Donates $25K to EcoTarium for City Science Exhibit
- DON’T MISS: EcoTarium’s Night at the Museum May 17th
- NEW: Worcester Chamber to Host Business After Hours at EcoTarium
- Innovative City Science Exhibit Planned for Worcester’s EcoTarium
- Leading in Central MA: Joe Cox, President of the EcoTarium
- Mom Can-Do’s: Run! Jump! Fly-days! at the EcoTarium and More!