Fit for Life: Success Starts with Getting on the Right Path
Saturday, April 12, 2014
Inspirat-ION: one must be inspired by something or someone to want to seek out this journey. Even when you are doing it for health reasons, someone you care enough about inspires you to stay healthy or if you have a person you want to emulate, that is an inspiration to get moving. Whatever reason you have to take care of yourself began first with a thought, an idea, and an inspiration. Keep that thought top of mind.
Motivat-ION: the first one gives you the idea, but motivation is needed to carry out the task. This is “the one” that grabs you by the collar, pulls you off the sofa, and pushes you into the gym. “I’m the mud run that's a month away, or the buddy that tells you he can bench more than you; I'm the guy with the abs in the movie that your girl gasps at when his shirt comes off. I'm also the guy hanging around your waist making the scale cry. So basically, I'm responsible for whatever gets in your head and says c'mon man - lets do this”.
Determinat-ION: de·ter·mi·na·tion – noun –
1. firmness of purpose; resoluteness. - "he advanced with an unflinching determination". Synonyms: resolution, resolve, willpower, strength of character, single-mindedness, purposefulness, intentness;
2. the process of establishing something exactly, typically by calculation or research.
"determination of molecular structures"
That about says it all. In order to succeed you must be determined NOT TO FAIL.
Execut-ION: once you get inspired, motivated, and are determined to carry out your goals, the final and deciding round is execution. You can imagine being in shape all day long, be motivated to join the gym, actually have the determination to make time to get there, but all those noble deeds will be undone if you do not execute properly. You only get paid for results, regardless if you are at work or at the gym, the only thing that will propel you forward is results, and the only way to get results is through proper execution.
So let's go over these steps to success one more time. First we get inspired and that plants the seed. Then we need to find a way or reason to start this task, weather it's a fitness routine or trying to improve your income, something must motivate you. Your follow through will depend on how much determination you have and how much drive and passion you are willing to invest. The end result will be based on your way of executing the situation. Put these IONS in place and you will pave your way to success.
Related Slideshow: 10 Great Yoga Spots
The Core Connection
The Core Connection in Northborough offers so much more than a traditional yoga studio. They’ve got yoga, which creates a union between mind, body and soul; Pilates for a strong core; and cardio/fusion to help you burn calories and kick fat to the curb. This studio is also perfect for teen girls; they have a special class just for teens that promotes self confidence, posture, flexibility and strength.
290 West Main Street, Northborough, MA. (508) 393-8086.
Bikram Yoga Auburn
For a twist on traditional yoga, visit Bikram Yoga Auburn. Bikram Yoga is a type of yoga that includes 26 postures and 2 breathing exercises. It is practiced in a heated room, and is one of the most challenging—and effective—exercise programs in the world. Bikram Yoga Auburn is the perfect place to get in on the action. Check out their Early Bird Special: 6 at 6! Enjoy their Monday-Friday 6 am class for only $6.
567 Southbridge Street, Auburn, MA. (508) 832-YOGA.
Metrowest Yoga offers two convenient locations so that you can have close access to the practice of yoga wherever you are. To make things better, Metrowest literally has a class perfect for anyone. Choose from kids classes for mini yogis, open meditation sessions, power hours for fat burning and strength building, and classes for total beginners.
69 Milk Street, Westborough, MA. (508) 366-5025.
32 Millbrook Street, Worcester, MA. (508) 752-1533.
C. Mass Yoga & Wellness
West Boylston’s Central Mass Yoga & Wellness offers a unique program to anyone who wants to help combat post traumatic stress disorder and combat stress: Yoga Warriors International. The mission of this program is to use the calming properties of the practice of yoga to alleviate the symptoms of PTSD and COSR. Other programs include hot yoga to soothe the muscles, healing yoga designed for those who have experienced loss, and more.
45 Sterling Street, West Boylston, MA. (508) 835-1176.
On Saturday, January 11, take a trip to Earthsong Yoga in Marlborough for the Earthsong Yoga Open House! Enjoy free yoga and a massage from 9 am-1 pm and see what Earthsong is all about. Learn about their special pre-natal yoga classes for expecting moms, family classes including stories or guided meditation, children’s classes, and Evening Flow classes to prepare you for bed.
186 Main Street, Marlborough, MA. (508) 251-9620.
Wellness Works Yoga & Healing Arts is the perfect place to start yoga later in life. Wellness Works is dedicated to sharing the practice and art of yoga with Worcester’s seniors, although people of all ages are invited and encouraged to join. Try yoga classes ranging from Rise and Shine morning classes to meditation sessions and more. Also, enjoy healing massage techniques like Reiki, reflexology, and polarity.
128 Providence Street, Worcester, MA. (508) 330-4258.
Auburn Yoga & Pilates
Find inner-peace and fight fat at Auburn Yoga & Pilates Center. Try out the Community Pilates class for only $5 on the 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month. complete with spinning classes, family classes, pre-natal classes, and more. Even better: Auburn Yoga & Pilates Center offers special pricing for college students!
889 Southbridge Street, Auburn, MA. (508) 832-8177.
At Flowforms Yoga, you can try before you buy. Your first class—any class—is free! If you find that you want more, Flowforms also has a new student special: 5 classes for only $50. Explore Body Mechanics classes that will aid in body awareness, traditional Indian Yoga, Yoga for Birth (designed for couples), and several other great workshops and classes offered at the studio.
195 Lake Avenue, Worcester, MA. (508) 752-4700.
State of Grace
If you are looking for a one-stop shop to renew your body and your mind, look no further than State of Grace Yoga and Wellness Center in Uxbridge. Stop by to take part in level-specific or mixed level yoga and meditation classes. New students can take advantage of their 40 for 30 offer: $40 for 30 days of completely unlimited yoga.
104 E. Hartford Avenue, Uxbridge, MA. (508) 278-2818.
Every Body Balance
If you are like the many people searching for balance in their life, why not give Every Body Balance in Southborough a try? This unique studio uses the serenity of a yoga mindset and the body benefits of Pilates to craft great classes for people of all ages and skill levels. Strength and Flexibility Yoga for Every Body and Candle Light Yoga are favorites.
155 Boston Road, Southborough, MA. (508) 485-8585.
- Fit For Life: 5 Questions to Ask a Personal Trainer
- Fit For Life: Eat This, Not That
- Fit For Life: Is Your Fitness Program Making You Unfit?
- Fit For Life: Stay Fit Indoors
- Fit for Life: Calories. It All Adds Up
- Matt Espeut’s Fit For Life: Fit at Forty
- Fit For Life: 6 Ways You Might Be Overdoing It
- Fit For Life: Finding The Best Exercise For You
- Fit For Life: Join the Resistance
- Fit For Life: The 3 Types of Exercise You Need Every Week
- Fit for Life: Do You Have to Be Wealthy to Be Healthy?
- Matt Espeut’s Fit For Life: Great Abs Now
- Fit For Life: A System For Feeling + Looking Better
- Fit For Life: Fitness At Every Age
- Fit For Life: Keeping Fitness Momentum Into The Fall
- Fit for Life: Do You Just Want to Have Fun?
- Matt Espeut’s Fit For Life: How To Get Michelle Obama’s Arms
- FIT FOR LIFE: Are you being FOOLISH – or FIT FOR LIFE?
- Fit For Life: An 8-Step Plan For Better Living
- Fit For Life: Five Day Countdown to Fitness Starts Now
- Fit For Life: Make Your Goal to Do Everything Better
- Fit For Life: Three Wellness Myths Busted
- Fit for Life: No Medals for Almost Winning
- Fit For Life: “Why Can’t You Be Normal?”
- Fit For Life: Are You Reading That Label Right?
- Fit For Life: Good Eating + Exercise Is Powerful Medicine
- Fit For Life: Mastering The Squat
- Fit For Life: Tick-Tock
- Fit for Life: The Number One Reason to Exercise Revealed
- Fit For Life: 3 Biggest Hurdles Between You and Your Fitness Goals
- Fit For Life: Become Again What You Used to Be
- Fit For Life: How To Make That Run Less Painful
- Fit For Life: Monsanto, GMO’s + Healthy Eating
- Fit For Life: Top Factors to Consider When Training Youth Athletes
- Fit for Life: What Are Results in Fitness?
- Fit For Life: 3 Steps To Losing Weight While Getting Fit
- Fit For Life: Discipline Makes The Difference
- Fit For Life: How to Get a Tight Butt, Flat Belly + Great Legs
- Fit For Life: Must-Have Tips for Sports Specific Training
- Fit For Life: Why Rest Will Make You More Fit
- Matt Espeut’s Fit For Life: 3 Really Good Reasons To Exercise
- Fit For Life: 4 Ways To Get Healthier For Free
- Fit For Life: Don’t ‘Sabotage’ Your Holidays
- Fit For Life: Is More Exercise Really Better?
- Fit For Life: Pre-New Year’s Resolutions?
- Fit for Life: 7 Step Plan For Achieving Your Weight Loss Goals
- Matt Espeut’s Fit For Life: Are You Skinny-Fat?