slides: Getting Out: 10 Great Activities for $20 or Less
Friday, March 28, 2014
Although this can be true, there are plenty of ways to get out of your house without breaking your budget.
Around New England there are many activities and things you can do without spending more money than you want. Whether you enjoy crafts, movies, dining, or the outdoors GoLocal has you covered.
Related Slideshow: 10 Great Activities for $20 or Less
Located in the heart of Worcester, The Palladium Nightclub is a historic concert venue which welcomes many local and well known bands. There are numerous events taking place at The Palladium Nightclub every week and you can see may performers for $20 or less. Check out their website for a list of performers and to order tickets.
The Palladium Nightclub: 261 Main Street, Worcester, MA, 01608
Sky Zone is an indoor trampoline park that allows you to have hours of fun while exercising in a unique way. The trampolines reach from one edge of the floor to the other and angled trampolines allow you to literally bounce of walls. Prices range from $9 for a thirty minute jump pass to $20 for 120 minutes. For more information, click here.
Sky Zone: 290 Turnpike Road (Route 9), Westborough, MA, 01581
Tower Hill Botanic Garden
The Tower Hill Botanic Garden is headquarters to the third oldest active horticultural society in the United States. Home to a number of gardens, there is plenty to explore at this botanic garden including a daffodil field, 350 different species of trees, a wildlife refuge pond and much more. Admission is only $12 for adults and $7 for kids. For more information, click here.
Tower Hill Botanic Garden: 11 French Drive, Bolyston, MA, 01505
Feeling artsy? Get your creative juices flowing at Claytime, Worcester’s largest and most experienced studio. There is no need for an appointment, just stop in and start painting. There are hundreds of different ceramics to choose from. For more information, click here.
Claytime: 124 Boston Turnpike, Shrewsbury, MA, 01545
Elm Draught House Cinema
A new way to enjoy going to the movies, Elm Draught House Cinema is a cinema pub serving beer, wine and soft drinks. Movies tickets are only $5, and in addition to movies the cinema also shows sporting events for free, and houses comedy shows for $15 when tickets are purchased in advance. For more information, click here.
Elm Draught House Cinema: 35 Elm Street. Millbury, MA, 01527
Ball Square Fine Wines
Every Friday night Ball Square Fine Wines offers free wine and beer tastings. This long-standing tradition allows you to taste and learn about their latest finds. The tasting runs from 4:30 until 7:30 and is a great way to spend a night out with your friends or with a date. For more information, click here.
Ball Square Fine Wines: 716 Broadway, Somerville, MA, 02144
The Institute of Contemporary Art
Located on Boston’s waterfront, not only is this institute home to extraordinary art, but the surrounding view is beautiful as well. The collections at The Institute of Contemporary Art represent the best of the modern art world and the institute is a cultural center for the city of Boston. Come check out their kaleidoscope color exhibition, the world of glass exhibit and much more. Tickets are $15 for adults and $10 for students. For more information, http://www.icaboston.org/" target="_blank">click here.
The Institute of Contemporary Art: 100 Northern Avenue, Boston, MA, 02210
Not only are the swan boats a Boston tradition, but a ride is only $3 for adults and $1.50 for children (ages 2-15) making the boats a perfect activity for those on budget. Rides take place on the waters of the Boston Public Garden and mark the beginning of spring. Rides are available seven days a week weather permitting. For more information, click here.
Swan Boats: 4 Charles Street, Boston, MA, 02116
Open year round, Brookfield Orchards is the perfect place to go apple picking, enjoy apple dumplings at their snack bar, and order fresh pies. Brookfield Orchards is a great place to spend a spring day with the family and admission is always free. For more information, click here.
Brookfield Orchards: 12 Lincoln Road, North Brookfield, MA, 01525
American Antiquarian Society
The American Antiquarian Society library is home to the largest collection of printed materials relating to early United States History. This collection covers everything from colonial and early American culture, history, and literature making this one of the most historical spots in all of Worcester. Don’t miss out on their free public tours every Wednesday at 3pm. For more information, click here.
American Antiquarian Society: 185 Salisbury Street, Worcester, MA, 01609
- GETTING OUT: Best Dancing in Central Mass
- Getting Out: 10 Spectacular Holiday Light Displays
- Getting Out: 5 Ways to Celebrate Earth Day in Central Mass
- Getting Out: Best Places for Yoga + More
- Getting Out: Family Outings Before The Kids Go Back To School
- Getting Out: New England’s Best Thanksgiving Events
- Getting Out: Where to View the Stars in Central Massachusetts
- GETTING OUT: Best St. Patrick’s Day Events in Central Mass
- Getting Out: 10 Ways To Beat the Post-Holiday Blues
- Getting Out: All-American Ways to Celebrate the Long Weekend
- Getting Out: Best Places to Watch the Patriots This Weekend
- Getting Out: Franklin County Cider Days
- Getting Out: Outdoor Eating in Central Mass
- Getting Out: Worcester Restaurant Week
- Getting Out: 10 Ways To Celebrate Mardi Gras in New England
- Getting Out: Best Fall Bike Rides
- Getting Out: Best Pumpkin Patches in Central MA
- Getting Out: Fun Runs + Walks in Central Massachusetts
- Getting Out: Spring Break Without Breaking Your Budget
- Getting Out: 10 Delicious Dessert Spots in Central Massachusetts
- Getting Out: 10 Ways To Get In on the Olympic Action
- Getting Out: Best Farmers’ Markets in Central Massachusetts
- Getting Out: Best Sunset Spots In Central Mass
- Getting Out: Happy Hour in Central Mass
- Getting Out: Spring Cocktails in Central Mass
- Getting Out: 10 Delicious Wine Getaways
- Getting Out: 10 Ways to Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in New England
- Getting Out: Best Halloween Bar Parties in Central MA 2013
- Getting Out: Bird Watching in Central Mass
- Getting Out: Ice Cream and Frozen Yogurt in Central Mass
- Getting Out: The Worcester Food Truck Festival Returns
- Getting Out: 10 Fun Winter Activites in MA
- Getting Out: 10 Ways to Thaw out in New England
- Getting Out: Best Hibachi Grill Spots in Central Massachusetts
- Getting Out: Black Friday Shopping Hit List
- Getting Out: Karaoke Hotspots in Central Massachusetts
- Getting Out: Where to Drink Craft Beer in Central Mass
- Getting Out: 10 Great Events for a Rainy Day
- Getting Out: 14 Shopping Getaways For The Holiday Season
- Getting Out: Best Live Music Picks For the Weekend
- Getting Out: Celebrating Father’s Day in Central Mass
- Getting Out: Late Summer Seafood in Central Mass
- Getting Out: Where to Laugh in Central Mass
- Getting Out: 10 Great Spa Days in Central Mass
- Getting Out: 5 Great Asian Restaurants in Central Massachusetts
- Getting Out: Best Place To Grab a Beer
- Getting Out: Cinco de Mayo Celebrations in Central Mass
- Getting Out: New England’s Best Snow Tubing Spots
- Getting Out: Where to Play Mini-Golf in Central Mass