Girls Inc. of Worcester Teams With Google to Kick Off Made With Code Initiative
Monday, March 06, 2017
The initiative inspires girls ages 13 to 18 to learn code and see coding as a way to pursue their careers.
“We are so excited to participate in Google’s Made with Code initiative, and are eager to see the lasting effects it will have on the girls’ lives. It is so important to diminish any limiting barriers and stereotypes and expose these girls to career fields they may have otherwise never thought to be possible, which is exactly what this program will help us do,” said Victoria Waterman, Executive Director, Girls Inc. of Worcester.
Girls Inc and Coding
With Google’s support, Girls Inc. has launched 51 Made with Code Chapters at 32 affiliates across its network.
Girls meet regularly and take part in coding activities that range from very basic to advanced interactive sessions, in a hands-on, fun and friendly environment. The Made with Code Chapters program will introduce thousands of girls to coding and build upon current Girls Inc. programming in which girls explore STEM as part of their lives and potential education and career options.
- Famed Escape Artist to Perform for Girls Inc. of Worcester
- Girls Inc. to Throw “College Shower” for College-bound Members
- NEW: Saint-Gobain Gives Back to the Community at Girls Inc.
- Girls Inc. Named Grant Recipient
- Former Girls Inc. CEO Cathi Coridan Publishes First Book
- Fall Wine and Beer Tasting to Benefit Girls Inc. of Worcester
- Girls Inc. Receives $25K in Funding to Support STEM
- Girls Inc. of Worcester is Holding Auction to Benefit Local Girls
- Alexanderia the Great to Perform Underwater Escape Act at Girls Inc
- Girls Inc. to Host College Shower for 20 Graduating High School Girls