Harry Potter Weekend Begins on July 21 at Worcester Public Library
Tuesday, July 19, 2016
Harry Potter weekend is part of the Summer Reading Program at the Worcester Public Library. The summer reading program runs through August 20 at the Main Library and all branches.
All patrons are encouraged to wear their Harry Potter themed costumes to the events. You can also visit the two Harry Potter displays on the first floor of the Library.
Harry Potter Weekend Events
The event will start on Thursday, July 21 with a game of Wizard Chess from 2 to 4 p.m. featuring staff and participants from two teams, with each person acting as a piece in the chess game. Each team will need to decided together which piece to move.
On Friday, July 22, there will be a game of Library Quidditch from 3 to 5 p.m. Quidditch is the fictional sport in the Harry Potter universe and it has been adapted into a real world "muggle" version.
Harry Potter weekend comes to a close on Saturday, July 23 with a free Wizard Wrack concert from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m.
Those attending will also be able to place a hold on the new play, "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child," the sequel to the book series, which comes out July 31.
For more information, click here.
- Major ‘Detrimental’ Changes For Worcester Law Library Stopped by WCBA
- John Monfredo: Worcester Library Foundation, An Asset to the City
- Worcester Public Library to Honor Black Veterans
- Monfredo: Black History, Alive and Well in Worcester, Visit Our Library and See
- JFK Library to Host Naturalization Ceremony for 200 Immigrants on Tuesday
- Monfredo: Worcester East Middle Library Transformed into Something Special
- Abraham Lincoln Exhibition Coming To Worcester Public Library
- UPDATE: Worcester Library and Senior Center to Close at 3PM
- Worcester Public Library Hosts Harlem Renaissance Night
- Cancer Society: Look Good, Feel Better at Worcester Public Library
- John Monfredo: Worcester’s One City, One Library Launches
- Worcester Library Initiative Named as 2015 Harvard Ash Center Bright Idea
- UPDATE: Worcester State Bomb Threat Cleared, Library Re-Opened
- Worcester Public Library Set to Kick-Off Summer Reading Program
- Friends of Worcester Public Library to Hold Annual Book Sale on April 29 & 30
- Monfredo: North High Library Dedicated To Dr. Loughlin… Well Deserved!
- Magician George Saterial to Perform at Worcester Public Library
- Worcester Public Library Announces Summer Reading Program Schedule
- Bomb Threat at Worcester Public Library Leads to Arrest of Worcester Male
- Worcester Public Library to host 2nd Annual Local Author Fair & Bookfest April 2