Hasbro Volunteers Get 35,000 Toys Ready for Needy RI Kids
Friday, December 02, 2011
And nowhere was it more evident than on Wednesday, when 50 employee volunteers at Hasbro, Inc., got their serious elf on and sorted through more than 35,000 toys and games that the RI-based toy giant will distribute to children in need throughout the state.
The Gift of Play
The children who will benefit from Hasbro's The Gift of Play program are involved with or receive assistance from the Rhode Island Department of Human Services or the Rhode Island Department of Children, Youth & Families.
Last year, toys and games valued at $15.5 million were distributed. The program has been ongoing for nearly three decades, and nationally, Hasbro donates more than 400,000 toys every year. Hasbro employees are given four hours of paid time off each month to volunteer with child-focused programs and organizations.
For more holiday coverage, don't miss GoLocalTV, fresh every day at 4pm and on demand 24/7, here.
- Hasbro Employees Travel to MA for Tornado Aid
- Hasbro Hits the Fashion Runway
- Hasbro’s Online “Monopoly” Contributes to Kids’ Causes Worldwide
- NEW: Hasbro CEO Bullish on Transformers 4
- NEW: Hasbro Dominates Nominees for National Toy Hall of Fame
- BREAKING NEWS: State Approves $1.6M Tax Break for Hasbro