Holy Cross Freshmen Ranked 7th Happiest in US
Monday, April 22, 2013
With a 98.1 percent first-year student retention rate, the College ranked #7 on the list of private U.S. colleges and universities with the highest percentage of freshmen who return as sophomores. A separate ranking was compiled from the US Department of Education's public colleges.
Holy Cross was not the only Massachusetts college to make the top 10. Harvard University ranked just one spot about Holy Cross at #6.
Princeton University took top honors at #1, followed by Harvey Mudd College at #2, Yale at #3, UPenn at #4, and University of Chicago at #5.
After Harvard and Holy Cross, the rest of the Top 10 were Stanford University at #8, Carleton College at #9, and the University of Notre Dame at #10.
Other Massachusetts schools to make the Top 25: MIT came in at #14, Williams at #18, and Tufts at #19.
- Algonquin Lacrosse Trio Recruited to Top Colleges
- Central Mass Colleges Score Over $150K From Credit Card Agreements
- GoLocal’s Super Ranking: Top New England Colleges 2013
- NEW: Two Central Mass Colleges Named Top Private School Values
- NEW: Two Worcester Colleges Named Top Video Game Design Schools
- Who Was Up + Who Was Down: Super Ranking-Top New England Colleges 2013
- NEW: Worcester Colleges Score $500,000 To Reduce Campus Violence
- 5 Central Mass Colleges Named “Best of the Northeast” by Princeton Review
- NEW: Washington Monthly 2012 Rankings—How’d Local Colleges Do?