Moms Can-Do’s: Ballet + More
Tuesday, October 08, 2013
Do your kids love to MOVE? This October, get your kiddos moving with a free ballet class hosted by the Lincoln School, open to kids ages 2-4. Ballet emphasizes balance, self-confidence and stretching, and is a great form of exercise. This is a great way to get the little ones started on a healthy lifestyle that will last a lifetime! Don’t worry, though—this program is plenty fun to keep your kids entertained! October 11, 10-10:30am. 301 Butler Ave., Providence, RI. (401) 331-9696.
Rawr! Kids will go crazy for the thrill of meeting long-gone dinosaurs up-close and personal! Join pre-historic creatures and a human paleontologist for a once in a lifetime adventure! The attraction, Jim Henson's Dinosaur Train Live! Buddy's Big Adventure, will bring kids and parents through a place that they have never been before—the distant past! This is a musical, interactive show where the audience is very much a part of the action! If you have little ones, mark October 20 on your calendar for this one—it is a do not miss! October 20, 2013. 2pm. Hanover Theater for the Performing Arts, 2 Southbridge Street, Worcester, MA. (877) 571-7469.
Wood Works (for older children): October 10. 10:00am-3:00pm
Toddler Try It (for younger children): October 11. 10:00am-12:00pm
100 South Street, Providence, RI. (401) 273-5437.
You AND the kids sometimes just need time to relax from the busy, hectic lives that you live! The Community Yoga program in Pawtucket understands, we promise! For only $5, the little ones will enjoy yoga, story times, games and more—with PLENTY of upside down time! This weekly program is OM Kids Yoga Studio’s only drop-on class, so take advantage! Every Thursday, 11:15am. 999 Main Street, Suite 702, Pawtucket RI. (401) 305-3667.
Kids love to bowl! Whether it’s the cheesy bowling shoes that they get to rent for the day, the thrill of keeping score, the attached arcade, or anything else that comes with the thrill of a bowling alley—it is an American classic and a staple of childhood! Not to fear—there are plenty of bowling lanes close to home! Many of them offer candle-pin bowling, a New England original! See the websites of the alleys below to learn more—and don’t worry. All of them are kid friendly!
East Providence Lanes—http://www.eastprovidencelanes.com/
- Moms Can-Do’s: Cool Fun At The Mystic Aquarium + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Summer Evening At The Park + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Crescent Park Carousel + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: All-You-Can-Eat Ice Cream Festival + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Davis Family Farm + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Fishing Holes + End of Summer Fun
- Moms Can Dos: Trampoline Fun + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Lighthouses + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Adventureland + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Petting Zoos + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Blueberry Picking + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Pumpkin Patches Now!
- Moms Can-Do’s: Carousel Adventures + More
- Moms Can-Do’s: Steam Train, Riverboat + More