Music Worcester To Present Shanghai Opera Symphony Orchestra
Wednesday, February 13, 2019
“We’re thrilled the Shanghai Opera Symphony Orchestra is including Music Worcester as part of its first North American tour. Known for their interpretation of some of the world’s most historic composers, their performance promises a program that celebrates both western and eastern traditions,” said Music Worcester Executive Director Adrien C. Finlay.
The concert will take place on Friday, February 15 at 8 p.m. at Mechanics Hall.
The program will feature the Rossini Overture to II Barbiere di Siviglia; Sibelius Violin Concerto in D Minor, Op. 47; and Dvorak Symphony No. 9 in E Minor, Op.95 “New World.”
A pre-concert talk will also be held in Washburn Hall with Dr. Joel Popkin, author of Symphony of the Brain and Executive Board Member of Music Worcester.
The Shanghai Opera Symphony Orchestra is renowned for its interpretation of classical symphony repertoire and performing the masterpieces of the world’s most historic composers such as Beethoven's Symphonies No. 6 and No. 7; and Tchaikovsky’s symphonies No. 4, 5, 6 and 9.
- 1st Annual Make Music Worcester to Debut in June
- Music Worcester Announces 2017 Young Artist Competitions
- Music Worcester to Host Fun for All Ages Show at Mechanics Hall in November
- Hanover Theatre to Celebrate Legacy of Music Worcester
- Jazz Legend Marsalis to Open Music Worcester’s 2017-18 Season
- Music Worcester Announces Schedule of Performances for April
- Music Worcester to Present Bach’s Magnificat & Cantatas
- Saxophone Legend Marsalis to Open Music Worcester’s 2018-19 Season
- Music Worcester to Host Concert Benefiting LGBTQ+ Communities
- Music Worcester to Celebrate Cuban Music & Traditions at Mechanics Hall