National Wings of Freedom Tour to Bring WWII Bombers to Worcester Airport
Thursday, September 17, 2015
In honor of WWII Veterans, the Collings Foundation's Wings of Freedom Tour will be bringing extremely rare bomber and fighter aircraft to Worcester as part of a 110-city nationwide tour.
From September 25 to September 27, Worcester's airport will host the Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress, Consolidated B-24 Liberator, B-25 Mitchell and North American P-51 Mustang
The WINGS OF FREEDOM TOUR will arrive at Worcester Regional Airport at 2 PM on September 25 and will be on display at main ramp at Worcester Regional Airport until the aircraft departs September 27 after 4:30 PM.
Hours of ground tours and display are: 2:00 PM through 4:30 PM on Friday, September 25; 9:00 AM through 4:30 PM on Saturday, September 26; 9:00 AM through 4:30 PM on Sunday, September 27. The 30-minute flight experiences are normally scheduled before and after the ground tour times above.
The Collings Foundation is a 501c3 non-profit educational foundation devoted to organizing “living history” events that allows people to learn more about their heritage and history through direct participation. The Nationwide Wings of Freedom Tour is celebrating its 26th year and visits an average of 110 cities in over 35 states annually. Since its start, tens of millions of people have seen the B-17, B-24, B-25 & P-51 display at locations everywhere. The tour is one of the most extraordinary and unique interactive traveling historical displays of its kind.
Visitors can find out more by visiting our website at www.collingsfoundation.org.
- JetBlue Reveals New Schedule for Worcester Airport to Start in October
- Winter Storm Juno Forces Logan Airport to Cancel All Flights Monday Evening
- Worcester Airport Celebrates 100,000th Passenger Since Reopening
- Obama to Fly into Worcester Airport for Worcester Tech Graduation
- NEW: Worcester Airport Receives No Funding
- GoLocalTV: Worcester Regional Airport Welcomes Rectrix Aviation
- MassPort Fails to Seek Funding for Worcester Airport Upgrade
- Is MassPort Mothballing Worcester Airport to Protect Logan Revenues?
- Air Travel is Getting Complicated and Green Airport has Recommendations
- Worcester Airport Timeline