NEW: Anonymous Benefactor Donates $5,000 to ArtsWorcester
Friday, November 16, 2012
The $5,000 Material Needs Grant will fund artists’ supplies and materials, and will be awarded for three consecutive years. An annual sum of $5,000 will be divided into individual grants between $500 to $1,500.
Any artist members of ArtsWorcester who are residents of Worcester County are eligible for the funding regardless of experience.
"The benefactor was very clear about the intent of this gift," says Juliet Feibel, Executive Director of ArtsWorcester, "Supplies are very expensive, and that expense often means new art simply doesn't get made. On behalf of local artists, we are thrilled and grateful for this gift, and the thoughtfulness behind it."
ArtsWorcester exhibits the works of new and established artists and offers professional development for members. The group was established in 1979 and cultivates audiences and collectors as well as celebrating contemporary local art through free gallery exhibits and openings.
Artists may join ArtsWorcester when they apply. To submit a proposal for funds, visit the ArtsWorcester website at http://www.artsworcester.org/materialneeds. Applications must be submitted electronically. The deadline is Thursday, January 31, 2013.
- Catch the Greatest Show on Earth With Your WOO Card
- Clinton Museum to Feature Unique Christian Art
- MassCreative Promotes the Arts in Worcester
- Five Central Mass. Artists You Need to Know
- Five Worcester Artists to Watch
- Local Artists Raise Money for Baby with Leukemia
- Architecture and Furniture are Art at New ArtsWorcester Exhibit
- Ballet Arts Worcester Presents The Nutcracker at Hanover Theatre