NEW: GoLocal Contributor Jen Roy a Finalist in Model Competition
Monday, October 22, 2012
Jennifer Roy, who also co-moderated GoLocalWorcester's first ever political debate for Worcester's 14th District, is a finalist in the Gladys Magazine's next dream model competition. Voting ends tonight at midnight, and those wishing to vote for Roy must like Gladys Magazine's Facebook page here, and then like Roy's photo here.
"This magazine gives a chance for girls who are not professional models to experience being one," Roy said. "The magazine has an inspirational message of women doing great things in society, and it's great to be a part of that. It's nice that they put their primary focus on who a girl is and not on what she looks like. I'm not a model, and that isn't what I'm trying to do, but this has been a lot of fun."
The top-5 models as selected by online voters and the Gladys Magazine staff will be featured in the January edition of the magazine. For more on Roy, read some of her GoLocalWorcester pieces below.
- GoLocalWorcester’s 10 Coolest People in Worcester Party
- The 10 Coolest People in Worcester: Part 1
- The 10 Coolest People in Worcester: Part 2
- Central MA’s 7 Most Eligible Bachelors of 2012
- Worcester’s Most Eligible Bachelorettes 2012
- GoLocalTV: GoLocalWorcester’s Debate for Worcester’s 14th District