NEW: Smiles for Sophia Fall Festival To Be Held Oct. 19
Monday, October 14, 2013
“Sophia had a loving personality and contagious smile that is missed by everyone who knew her. She was a spunky and brave little girl who loved nothing more than playing and having fun,” said Lauren Angers, a neighbor of Sophia’s and an event organizer. This special event seeks to honor Sophia’s memory in a playful and fun manner while also raising funds to support families with childhood cancer. 100% of the proceeds will benefit The Sophia Fund.
In addition to the festival, a 1⁄4 mile Harvest Fun Run will be held at 1:30 pm. Children are encouraged to wear costumes for the run, and prizes for the most creative costume will be awarded.
The event is organized by Jane Dowd and the faculty, staff and students of Burncoat High School. Sponsors include The ART Room, Auburn, MA; Burncoat High School and Worcester Field Hockey. The Sophia Fund is dedicated to supporting organizations that work with Worcester County families with childhood cancer and related diseases.
The Smiles for Sophia Fall Festival will be located at 179 Burncoat St. in Worcester. Admission for this rain or shine event is $5 for all ages.
- Miriam Hospital’s 6th Annual Fall Festival
- The Best Fall Festivals in New England 2013
- 5 Weekend Musts: Fall Harvest Festival at Kenyon’s + More
- 11th Annual stART on the Street Festival Returns to Park Ave.
- 5 Weekend Musts: All-You-Can-Eat Ice Cream Festival + More
- 5 Weekend Musts: New Orleans Jazz & Blues Festival + More
- 8 Great Summer Music Festivals in Central Mass (and Beyond)
- Animal and Music Lovers Meet at the 14th Annual Pet Rock Festival
- Canal District to Host “Canalloween” Festival
- Catch Jazz + Blues Festival With Your WOO Card
- Central Mass Film Festival’s Highlight Event Coming In October
- Food Truck Festival Stops in Worcester
- Freedom Song Festival to Benefit Central Mass’ Veterans in Need
- Getting Out: The Worcester Food Truck Festival Returns
- Horror Stars Talk Worcester’s “Rock and Shock” Festival
- Life Is Good Festival To Bring Cheerful Vibe to Canton
- Local Artist to Feature Wares at 2013 Cannes Film Festival
- MUSIC: New Bedford Folk Festival Brings The Heat
- Moms Can-Do’s: All-You-Can-Eat Ice Cream Festival + More
- New Orleans Blues and Jazz Festival Returns to Worcester
- Nichols Set to Host First International Music Festival
- SEACMA’s 10th Annual Asian Festival Hits Worcester This Weekend
- StoryWalk Festival to Bring Joy of Reading and Nature to Worcester
- The 15th Annual New England Metal & Hardcore Festival in Photos
- The Big Dipper Ice Cream Festival Returns to Worcester
- The Worcester Pride Festival: An Event for the Whole Community
- YMCA of Central Massachusetts to Send Teens to Festival in Prague