North Pole Village Highlights Christmas by Candlelight at Old Sturbridge Village
Thursday, December 08, 2016
The stops include:
- Stroll through a giant The Night Before Christmas storybook - illustrated by Charles Santore - as you make your way to meet Santa and his elves
- Meet Tinsel, Old Sturbridge Village's all-new talking Christmas tree
- Visit our hands-on Youth Holiday Craft Workshop
- View the expanded G-scale model train display constructed by the Worcester Model Railroaders
- Warm up and indulge your sweet tooth at Mrs. Claus' Bake Shop. Purchase Christmas cookies, and hot chocolate and cider
- For an additional $2/person fee, kids can ride through North Pole Village on a trackless holiday train, and for an additional $4/person, dip a Christmas candle
Christmas by Candlelight
For the 14th year, the annual celebration of New England’s past has become a holiday tradition for families everywhere.
During the celebration, guests enjoy seeing “Christmas through the decades with ornately decorated rooms in the Salem Towne House depicting Christmas celebrations in the 1830s, 1850s, and 1870s.
Guests also enjoy the “O Little Town of Bethlehem” scene in the Friends Meetinghouse, with over 500 miniature creche characters and buildings on display.
For more information, click here.
SEE HOW TO GET INTO THE HOLIDAY SPIRIT IN THE SLIDESHOW BELOW
Related Slideshow: 15 Ways to Get Into the Holiday Spirit in Central MA - 2017
Give to Those in Need
From giving trees at churches to Why Me Inc. as well as many other great organizations, there are plenty of families in the community that could use your help to put a present or two under the tree for a child who might not otherwise get one.
10th Anniversary Production of A Christmas Carol at Hanover Theatre
Get to Hanover Theatre to see the 10th Anniversary production of A Christmas Carol on opening night.
Jeremy Lawrence plays Scrooge for the sixth year in a row, having guest starred on TVs The Blacklist and Shades of Blue, as well as worked with directors Brian De Palma, Rob Howard and Stephen Daldry. Lawrence is also known for his portrayal of playwright Tennessee Williams.
The show starts at 7 p.m.
Christmas by Candlelight at Old Sturbridge Village
Christmas by Candlelight at Old Sturbridge Village is an evening filled with New England holiday traditions, live musical performances, storytelling, sleigh rides, festive foods, a roaring bonfire, and strolls around the decorated Village Common.
At the North Pole Village families will find Santa, Mrs. Claus Bake Shop, a magical talking Christmas tree, and an expanded train display featuring some trains from the movie Joy.
The event goes from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Imagine John Lennon Christmas Festival at That's Entertainment
Multiple bands and solo performers singing Lennon, Beatles and Christmas Carol's.
Any bands, singers, musicians, artists, elves or Santa's helpers that would like to participate are welcome.
Festival times are as follows:
1:00 AM-6:00 AM, 2:00 AM-7:00 AM, 3:00 AM-8:00 AM, 4:00 AM-9:00 AM, 1:00 PM-6:00 PM
The Muppet Christmas Carol at the Worcester Common Oval Ice Skating Rink
Layer up in your most comfortable winter attire and pack some seasonal snacks for this outdoor film screening on City Hall Plaza.
Admission for skating is just $10 and includes skate rentals. Receive a $5.00 discount if you bring your own skates. Kids 6 and under skate free. Admission for the movie is free.
Give Money to Salvation Army
Throw some money in the Salvation Army kettle. Every time a bell rings, an angel gets its wings. The person who stands outside ringing the bell is often there for long hours.
Even if it's just some change, smile at them and wish them a happy holiday.
PHOTO: j_lai/ Flickr
A Festivus for the Rest of Us
You must watch the Festivus episode of Seinfeld, it is one of the most famous episodes of the entire series.
Laughter is the best medicine, after all.
When you finish the episode, be sure to celebrate Festivus on December 23.
PHOTO: Matt Keef/Flickr
- Old Sturbridge Village to Host “From Field to Table” Weekend
- Attend Apple Days at Old Sturbridge Village With Your Woo Card
- Celebrate Thanksgiving Weekend at Old Sturbridge Village with Your WOO Card
- See Christmas by Candlelight at Old Sturbridge Village with Your WOO Card
- Old Sturbridge Village to Host Ceremony for New U.S. Citizens on July 4
- Old Sturbridge Village to Offer Free Admission to Kids on Labor Day Weekend
- Old Sturbridge Village to Celebrate Senator Stephen Brewer Day
- Don’t Miss: Old Sturbridge Village’s Celtic Celebration Weekend
- Uplifting Stories Highlight Black History Weekend at Old Sturbridge
- Fire & Ice Day at Old Sturbridge Village July 19
- Experience Redcoats & Rebels at Old Sturbridge Village With Your Woo Card
- Old Sturbridge Village Opens Exhibit Displaying Dexter - Russell Knives
- Old Sturbridge Academy Charter Public School Accepting Student Applications
- Old Sturbridge Village to Hold Textile Weekend Starting August 20
- Old Sturbridge Village Acquires Two 18th Century Portraits
- Old Sturbridge Village to Host Family Fun Days from September 3-5
- Old Sturbridge Village Hosts Dig In: A Field-to-Table Festival Starting Oct. 8
- American Antiques Expert Jobe to Speak at Old Sturbridge Village
- Old Sturbridge Village Honors Nancy Coolidge with 2016 President’s Award
- Old Sturbridge Village to Host Wool Days on Memorial Day Weekend
- Old Sturbridge Village Set to Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day
- Old Sturbridge Village to Celebrate Maple Days
- Old Sturbridge Village Announces 1st Speaker Series Program of 2016
- Old Sturbridge Village Set for Patriots’ Day Celebration
- Old Sturbridge Academy Accepting Applications for Fall of 2017