NY Times Bestselling Author Krosoczka to Visit Worcester Public Library
Monday, September 18, 2017
Krosoczka will be at the library on Tuesday, September 26 at 3:30 p.m.
Krosoczka is the two-time winner of the Third to Fourth Grade Book of the Year in the Children’s Choice Book Awards and has been nominated for the Will Eisner Comic Industry Award.
His work has been featured on the front page of The Boston Globe and on NPR's All Things Considered.
Krosoczka's books have also been recommended by national publications such as The New York Times and USA Today.
He has given two TED Talks, both of which have been curated to the main page of TED.com and have collectively accrued more than two million views online.
He is also the host of The Book Report with JJK on SiriusXM's Kids Place Live, a weekly segment celebrating books, authors and reading. His Punk Farm, Lunch Lady, and Platypus Police Squad series are all currently in development as feature films.
Krosoczka lives in Western Massachusetts with his wife and children, and their pugs, Ralph and Frank.
Related Slideshow: 20 Reasons Why Fall in New England is the Best Season - 2016
Wearing Comfy Sweaters while visiting the Mass Audubon Wildlife Sanctuary
Listen to the sounds of birds chirping, see the rabits hopping around happily and so much more when you visit the Mass Audubon Wildlife Sanctuary.
You may need a little sweater but you will not regret the walk, or seeing the wildlife.
Grape Season at Newport Vineyards
For wine lovers, this is one of the best times of the year because it's grape season.
There are many great Vineyards around New England but Newport Vineyards tops the list and fall is one of the best times to visit, even if you may need a sweater.
Enjoy the wine.
International Oktoberfest at Alex & Ani Center
International Oktoberfest will take pace at the Alex & Ani Center in Providence on Saturday, September 24 and 25.
The festival will include seasonal beer, German cuisine and live music.
One of the main events of the fall season in all of New England.
Leaf Peeping in The Berkshires
Arguably the coolest thing about the fall season is the changing of the leaves. You will want to go up to the Berkshires and stroll through a park or just down a street and take note of all the colors, it's a must do fall activity.
How many colors can you see?
Start of Apple Picking Season at Pippen Orchards
There are not to many better fall family activities then to spend a day picking some apples.
Be sure to make the most out of the start of the fall season when you pick Pippin Orchards apples.
Then bring the apples home to make apple pie, apple sauce, or enjoy as they are.
The Deutsche Bank Championship at TPC Boston
The best golfers in the world are all in Boston for the second leg of the FedEx Cup Playoffs this Labor Day Weekend.
Defending champion Rickie Fowler will look to repeat while superstars Rory McIlroy, Jordan Spieth and Jason Day look to take his title.
Learning at Plimoth Plantation
The fall season is Plimoth Plantation's busiest time of year and it is a great time to bring the family.
Visit the Wampanoag Homesite, the 17th-Century English Village, Nye Barn, Craft Center, Plimoth Bread Company, Mayflower II, and the Plimoth Grist Mill!
A great way to learn and have fun at the same time.
Last Golf Rounds of the Season at Harbor Lights
Warwick, Rhode Island
Golfers don't put away those clubs just yet. The summer may be nearly over but the fall offers some of the best golf weather of the entire season.
Take advantage of it at the beautiful Harbor Lights golf course in Warwick.
Cozy Sweaters at Waterfire
Providence, Rhode Island
The evenings do get a bit cooler, however, they are still some of the best nights of the season and the fires are still burning bright in Providence.
Grab your nicest, coziest sweater and head down for an evening of fun, romance and much more.
Every fall for the last 15-16 years, the New England Patriots have entered the season with a chance to win the Super Bowl, in a lot of cases, even favored to win it.
That's pretty cool and is a big reason why fall is the best season in New England.
Although, the first four games of this season may be tricky.
Last Chances for Al Fresco Dining at Boat House Restaurant
The views of Mount Hope Bay are unparalleled. Enjoy some wine with a snack or three while watching the sunset. The chef is known for a well-balanced menu of seasonal treats that uses locally sourced seafood in creative ways.
Celebrate the arrival of fall and sit outside at the Boat House Restaurant.
Star of Pumpkin Picking at Jaswell's Farm
Pumpkin picking is a timeless event for families, especially those with young kids who will love to just run around and grab whichever pumpkin looks good to them.
The fall season is all about pumpkins and pumpkin picking is one of the best fall activities going.
PHOTO: Flickr/Glenn Fleischman
Attend King Richard's Faire
Dive into history at King Richard's Faire, New England's oldest and largest Renaissance Festival and most beloved annual fall event. Dress up, play games and learn alot at a faire that is a great fall event for the entire family.
The Faire starts on September 3 and goes until October 23
- Vicious Stabbing at Worcester Public Library
- Friends of Worcester Public Library to Hold Fall Book Sale Oct. 21 & 22
- Worcester Public Library’s Food for Fines Program Lasts Entire Month of December
- Worcester Public Library to Offer New STEM Program Starting Tuesday
- Santa Claus to Visit Worcester Public Library
- Worcester Public Library’s Celebration of Authors Event Set for Oct. 20
- Worcester Public Library to Conclude Summer Programs with Harvest Party
- Harry Potter Weekend Begins on July 21 at Worcester Public Library
- Bravehearts to Hold Baseball Clinic at Worcester Public Library on Friday
- Worcester Public Library & Branches to Have New Hours for 2016-17 School Year
- World Languages Storytime Festival Set for Saturday at Worcester Public Library
- Seven Hills 3rd Grader’s Self Portraits on Display at Worcester Public Library
- Worcester Public Library to Host School Vacation Week Events
- New York Times Bestselling Author Thayer to Talk at Worcester Public Library
- Worcester Public Library Opens Registration for Summer Reading Program
- Worcester Public Library Recognizes More Than 20 Volunteers
- Worcester Public Library Announces Hours for 2017-18 School Year
- Worcester Public Library to Hold Library Card Sign-Up Month in September
- Worcester Public Library Announces Programs, Extended Hours for April Vacation
- Worcester Public Library Set to Celebrate National Library Week
- Worcester Public Library Asking for Community Feedback With Survey
- Worcester Public Library to Show “Zootopia” During Saturday Movie Matinee
- Worcester Public Library to Host Lecture on Motown and the Civil Rights Movement
- Worcester Public Library to Host Exhibit Detailing Petitions from African Americans to MA Government
- Fall Series Underway at Worcester Public Library