Old Sturbridge Village Hosts Dig In: A Field-to-Table Festival Starting Oct. 8
Sunday, October 02, 2016
Participating farms include The Little White Goat Dairy of Orange, MA; Walker Farm at Whortleberry Hill, New Braintree, MA; Still Life Farm of Hardwick, MA; Stillman's Farm of New Braintree, MA; Hartman's Herb Farm of Barre, MA; The Pure BS Maple Shack of Auburn, MA; Roots Natural Foods of Leominster, MA; and Figs & Pigs of Worcester, MA.
Guests of the festival will help farmers with the harvest, meet heritage breed animals, including sheep, oxen and calves, learn how food is harvested, prepared, and served at the table.
Guest farmers from the area will demonstrate well known New England recipes and much more.
Guests also will be able to walk through a special 19th century agricultural fair which will feature home grown heirloom fruits, flowers, and vegetables from local gardeners, with prizes in over 50 categories.
The categories include pumpkins, other squash, beans, beets, carrots, cucumbers, melons, and onions, as well as potted plants, nosegays, parlor bouquets, and of course the largest sunflower!
For more information, click here
Related Slideshow: 25 Can’t Miss Fall Festivals in New England - 2016
Saturday September 10th marks the arrival of the Celtic Rock Festival to Providence. Previously held at the Newport Yachting Center, it’s the first time the popular festival is being held in the capital city.
The festival begins at 2:30 p.m.
Check out Ken Abrams Interview with Eileen Ivers here.
New England Festival of Hope at Easton's Beach
This year's festival is dedicated to those who lost their lives in the September 11 attacks.
The speakers at this year's festival include Dwight Evans, Hall of Famer Red Sox Right Fielder & his wife Susan Severson;
Kevin Robinson (K-Rob), BMX Guiness World Record Holder, New England Revolutions Midfielder Teal Bunberry, RI Senate President M. Teresa Paiva Weed, City of Newport Vice Chair Marco T. Camacho, representatives from local Police and Fire Departments, and the Navy Band Northeast Ceremonial Band.
Warwick Neck, RI
Harbor Lights will be hosting its first and what will become an annual tradition -- an end of the summer clambake.
On Sunday, September 18 from 3:30-6:30 p.m. Chef Ray Fiske will offer a New England style Lobster and Clam boil taking place at the Tiki Bar at Harbor Lights.
Misquamicut Beach, RI
The festival features surfing Surf, sun, sand, games, rides, Ferris wheel, amusements, food, music, arts and crafts and so much more. Fire jugglers, magicians, knocker ball and all kinds of nonstop entertainment including a special wrestling match as well as stunt bike show.
There is free parking and admission is $7.
Ocean State Oyster Festival at Riverwalk Park
The Ocean State Oyster Festival hopes to raise awareness and celebrate RI’s aquaculture industry.
The festival will take place on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. in Providence.
The festival will feature fine local food, beer, wine, and refreshments, local bands & DJs, activities for kids, culinary exhibitors, educational exhibits, a shucking contest.
Purchasing a general admission ticket gets you a half dozen oysters and an ice cold drink of your choice.
The Burke Mountain Fall Foliage Festival is one of the biggest festivals of the year.
Events at the festival include a parade starting at 10 a.m., a farm animal petting zoo, horse drawn carriage rides, a beer and wine tent open from 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. and live music by Tritium Well from 3 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Phantom Gourmet Food Festival next to Fenway
The Phantom Gourmet Food Festival is set for September 24 from noon to 4 p.m. right outside of Fenway Park.
Tickets are $40 in advance and $50 at the event.
The ticket includes sampling 100 of Phantom's foods from hot dogs and pizza to pulled pork and more.
September 24 & 25
Wachusett Mountain, MA
The festival runs from 10 a.m. on the 24 to 5 p.m. at September 25.
The festival will include entertainment from the Xpogo Stunt Team, Rainforest Reptile Shows Inc. and a Baby Animal Petting Zoo.
There will also be sample skiing and a USA Ninja Warrior Challenge Course.
September 24 & 25
International Oktoberfest at Alex & Ani Center
International Oktoberfest will take pace at the Alex & Ani Center in Providence on Saturday, September 24 and 25.
The festival will include seasonal beer, German cuisine and live music.
One of the main events of the fall season in all of New England.
The Pawtucket Arts Festival in Bristol is currently going on and you don't want to miss out.The festival runs through September 25.
The festival celebrates creative and cultural life in the City of Pawtucket by presenting vibrant arts events during the month of September for resident audiences and for visitors to the City and the Blackstone River Valley.
The 2nd Ocean State Beer Festival will be held from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday, September 25 at Foolproof Brewing Company.
The festival will feature beer from breweries around Rhode Island.
The festival is hosted by the Rhode Island Brewer’s Guild.
The Freeport Fall Festival kicks off it’s 18 year on October 1 and continuing on October 2 from 11 am. to 4 p.m.
The festival will feature more than 100 artists showing off their working ranging from photography oil, watercolor, mixed media and much more.
The festival is hosted on the L.L. Bean Campus.
The annual Fall Festival Weekend welcomes the start of a new season with live music every day, a crafts fair and some friendly competiton.
That competition includes the 17th Annual North American Wife Carrying Competition where teams will compete and winners will receive the wife's weight in beer and five times her weight in cash.
Columbus Day Festival on Federal HIll
The annual Columbus Day Festival on Federal Hill is ready to take place once agains featuring three days of Italian music, food and entertainment.
The opening ceremony will take place on Saturday October 8 at noon. The parade will begin at 11 a.m. on Sunday October 9.
New Hampshire Brewfest at Redhook Ale Brewery
The New Hampshire Brewfest will take place at Red Hook Ale Brewery from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. Try out over 100 beers from 31 different craft breweries.
The afternoon session goes from 1-4 p.m., the evening session goes from 6-9 p.m.
Dive into history at King Richard's Faire, New England's oldest and largest Renaissance Festival and most beloved annual fall event. Dress up, play games and learn alot at a faire that is a great fall event for the entire family.
The Faire started on September 3 and October 23 is the final day.
- Old Sturbridge Village to Celebrate Senator Stephen Brewer Day
- Experience Redcoats & Rebels at Old Sturbridge Village With Your Woo Card
- Old Sturbridge Village to Offer Free Admission to Kids on Labor Day Weekend
- Attend Apple Days at Old Sturbridge Village With Your Woo Card
- Old Sturbridge Village to Host “From Field to Table” Weekend
- Fire & Ice Day at Old Sturbridge Village July 19
- Uplifting Stories Highlight Black History Weekend at Old Sturbridge
- Halloween Freebie: Treats and Tricks at Old Sturbridge Village
- Indoor + Outdoor Fun at Old Sturbridge Village for Holiday Break
- Old Sturbridge Village Celebrates Feb. Break, President’s Day Wknd
- Don’t Miss: Old Sturbridge Village’s Celtic Celebration Weekend
- Celebrate Thanksgiving Weekend at Old Sturbridge Village with Your WOO Card
- See Christmas by Candlelight at Old Sturbridge Village with Your WOO Card
- Old Sturbridge Village to Host Wool Days on Memorial Day Weekend
- Old Sturbridge Village Set for Patriots’ Day Celebration
- Old Sturbridge Village Honors Nancy Coolidge with 2016 President’s Award
- Old Sturbridge Village Acquires Two 18th Century Portraits
- Old Sturbridge Village to Hold Textile Weekend Starting August 20
- Old Sturbridge Village Announces 1st Speaker Series Program of 2016
- Old Sturbridge Village to Celebrate Maple Days
- Old Sturbridge Village to Host Ceremony for New U.S. Citizens on July 4
- Old Sturbridge Village Opens Exhibit Displaying Dexter - Russell Knives
- Old Sturbridge Academy Charter Public School Accepting Student Applications
- Old Sturbridge Village Set to Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day
- Old Sturbridge Village to Host Family Fun Days from September 3-5