Old Sturbridge Village to Host Festival of New England Makers
Sunday, September 17, 2017
“This Festival of New England Makers will give guests the opportunity to take a step back from their busy lives to focus on a simpler time and to understand the importance of these crafts and their relation to modern life,” said Old Sturbridge Village in their press release.
The festival will take pace on Saturday and Sunday, September 23 and 24.
Festival of New England Makers
The Village's blacksmith, potter, tinner, cooper, printer, and others will showcase their skills by crafting more complicated items not usually displayed at the Village.
They will be joined by invited artisans of historic crafts from throughout New England who will demonstrate their work. From etching, to spinning, to woodworking, experience "handmade" from the past.
The Village's potters will also fire the 15,000 brick kiln outside the Pottery Shop. The 24-foot tall kiln must be heated to 1,900 degrees Fahrenheit during firing, which requires three cords of wood stoked over 24 hours. When it is fully loaded, the kiln can hold 800 pieces stacked 10 feet high.
Related Slideshow: 20 Can’t Miss Fall Festivals in New England - 2017
September 9 & 10
The Rhode Island Seafood Festival is an annual event, which started in 2011, that brings together the best local sellers of seafood and other fine fare as well as beer, wine and spirits from Ocean State producers.
The festival includes live music, great food and much more.
The festival will go from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
South Kingstown, RI
The third annual Ocean State Beer Festival will take place at Whalers Brewing Company in South Kingstown.
The festival will feature beer from breweries around Rhode Island.
The festival is hosted by the Rhode Island Brewer’s Guild.
The Phantom Gourmet Food Festival is an event to look forward too and it will be held on September 12 from 12- 4 p.m. on two streets next to Fenway Park.
Tickets are $40 in advance and online and will go up to $50 at the event.
The ticket includes sampling 100 of Phantom's foods from hot dogs and pizza to pulled pork and more. Beer and wine will be served on the street.
September 15 - October 1
West Springfield, MA
The Big E in West Springfield, Massachusetts features a circus spectacular, Mardi Gras parade, agricultural competitions, arts & crafts, food contests, live music, and midway.
Sample food and enjoy rides, games, horse shows, historical exhibits and more.
September 15 -16
2017 Fitchburg Greek Festival at Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church
The 2017 Festival begins at on Friday, September 15 from 5 p.m.to 10 p.m. and continues on Saturday, September 16 from 11 am. to 10 p.m.
The festival will feature an outdoor bar area, a menu including Mezedes, Greek BBQ, and pastries, vendors, music, and dance.
Ocean State Oyster Festival at Riverwalk Park
The Ocean State Oyster Festival hopes to raise awareness and celebrate RI’s aquaculture industry.
The festival will take place on Saturday from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. in Providence.
The festival will feature fine local food, beer, wine, and refreshments, local bands & DJs, activities for kids, culinary exhibitors, educational exhibits, a shucking contest.
Purchasing a general admission ticket gets you a half dozen oysters and an ice cold craft beer of your choice.
September 23 & 24
KidsFest 2017 at Wachusett Mountain
Wachusett Mountain, MA
The festival runs from 10 a.m. on the 23rd to 5 p.m. on the 24th.
It will include entertainment such as a BMX Bike Show, Rainforest Reptile Shows Inc., and a Baby Animal Petting Zoo.
There will also be sample skiing and a USA Ninja Warrior Challenge Course.
The Burke Mountain Fall Foliage Festival is one of the biggest festivals of the year in Vermont.
Events at the festival include a parade which begins at 10 a.m., a farm animal petting zoo, horse-drawn carriage rides, a beer and wine tent open from 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. and live music by Tritium Well from 2:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
October 5 - November 5
This annual event, created by artists and craftsmen of Passion for Pumpkins, and features 5,000 illuminated jack-o-lanterns, with over 125 of them artistically carved and displayed in scenes to play out the annual theme.
The annual Fall Festival Weekend welcomes the start of a new season with live music every day, a crafts fair and some friendly competition.
That competition includes the 17th Annual North American Wife Carrying Competition where teams will compete and winners will receive the wife's weight in beer and five times her weight in cash.
PHOTO: Sunday River
The New Hampshire Brewfest will feature more than 150 beers from over 50 brewers.
Admission includes entry to the session specified on your ticket, 5oz souvenir sampling cup, beer samples, and live music and festivities
Dive into history at King Richard's Faire, New England's oldest and largest Renaissance Festival and most beloved annual fall event. Dress up, play games and learn a lot at a fair that is a great fall event for the entire family.
The Fair started on September 2 through October 22
- Old Sturbridge Village Set for Patriots’ Day Celebration
- Old Sturbridge Village Announces 1st Speaker Series Program of 2016
- Old Sturbridge Village to Host Wool Days on Memorial Day Weekend
- Old Sturbridge Village Honors Nancy Coolidge with 2016 President’s Award
- Old Sturbridge Village Acquires Two 18th Century Portraits
- Old Sturbridge Village to Celebrate Maple Days
- Old Sturbridge Village Set to Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day
- See Christmas by Candlelight at Old Sturbridge Village with Your WOO Card
- Old Sturbridge Village to Host Ceremony for New U.S. Citizens on July 4
- Old Sturbridge Village Opens Exhibit Displaying Dexter - Russell Knives
- Old Sturbridge Academy Charter Public School Accepting Student Applications
- Old Sturbridge Village to Hold Textile Weekend Starting August 20
- Old Sturbridge Village to Host Family Fun Days from September 3-5
- Mt. Holyoke Art History Chair Staiti to Speak at Old Sturbridge Village
- Old Sturbridge Village to Celebrate Maple Days Over 4 Weekends in March
- Old Sturbridge Village Opens Registration for Summer Discovery Adventures
- Old Sturbridge Village Offering Free Admission to Kids Under 17 in July
- Old Sturbridge Village Set for Revolutionary War Reenactment
- Old Sturbridge Village Launches New Experience Titled “Midwinter Mischief”
- National Marionette Theatre Bringing Four Shows to Old Sturbridge Village
- Old Sturbridge Village Hosts Dig In: A Field-to-Table Festival Starting Oct. 8
- American Antiques Expert Jobe to Speak at Old Sturbridge Village
- Old Sturbridge Academy Accepting Applications for Fall of 2017
- North Pole Village Highlights Christmas by Candlelight at Old Sturbridge Village
- Old Sturbridge Village Set to Host Militia Weekend