Organize + Energize: 10 Steps To An Organized Garage
Tuesday, May 07, 2013
Why does the garage always seem to get cluttered? It seems it is just one more empty spot that is used as a space for clutter to build.
Spring is a great time of year to get the garage de-cluttered. Do it now and you will be all set for when winter rolls around. Wouldn't it be wonderful to park your car in the garage? If you are not the only person who utilizes the garage, I would enlist everybody that has contributed to the clutter and have them help on the day of the de-cluttering.
Here are 10 tips to clear the clutter from the garage:
1. Everything, yes EVERYTHING, must come out of the garage! You will not know what you have if you just shift items around. There are probably items in the corner of the garage that you forgot you had!
2. As you take items out, decide what you are tossing, selling, keeping or moving to a new spot. Do not move out of the area you are working in. If you move out of the garage back into the house, I guarantee you will not go back outside. Stay in the garage area and just make a pile for things that need to go in other areas. Take care of them when you are finished.
3. Anything you are keeping, put in categories on the lawn/driveway, itemized and categorized.
4. Figure out if you need to contain smaller items in bins. Be sure to label.
5. Get creative. Can you utilize overhead space for seasonal items? Think about what you are left with that you are keeping and think about how you grab those items.
6. Organize items back into garage according to the frequency of use.
7. Organize everything, even lawn tools. Utilize wall space for hanging items.
8. Try to maximize the space you have and get the most out of your space.
9. If you have borrowed any items or are storing items for people. Give the items back! Don’t even put them back in the garage.
10. Get excited! You now have your garage back! It’s going to be a wonderful feeling!
After you have completed this process, you will feel like a weight has been lifted and you will feel like you have this brand new space. Ahh, but what to do with this empty space? Park your cars!
- Organize + Energize: 7 Ways To Organize Your Makeup
- Organize + Energize: Be Ready For Emergencies
- Organize + Energize: 8 Ways To Organize Your Pets
- Organize + Energize: 9 Ways To Get The Most Out of Containers
- Organize + Energize: 10 Steps To Organizing Your Office
- Organize + Energize: Smart Packing For Spring Travel
- Organize + Energize: 10 Ways To Organize Your Kids’ Clothing
- Organize + Energize: Spring Cleaning + Your Medicine Cabinet
- Organize + Energize: 10 Ways To Stay On Top Of Your Mail
- Organize + Energize: 4 Steps To Combat Mental Overload