Organize + Energize: Back To School Family Calendar Ideas
Tuesday, August 27, 2013
Start fresh this back to school season and utilize a calendar to keep you and your family organized. Calendars are so important in keeping your family organized. Are you using a calendar? If not, why?
There are so many options out there today. You can choose electronics, wall or journal type calendars. Whatever type works for you and your family is the one you should choose. Don’t feel the need to have to use electronics because everybody else is. If paper still works for you, then use it!
Here are 5 tips for utilizing your calendars:
1. Get your kids involved. If your kids are old enough, give them a calendar of their own so they can keep track of important dates, project due dates, and events. Get them in the habit of using a calendar now. It will stick through their adult years.
2. Never forget an appointment again. Trying to keep track of where your kids need to be can be overwhelming. Utilizing a calendar will keep your head clear knowing that you aren't forgetting anything because it is all written on the calendar.
3. Clear the mental clutter. Jot down everything from sports practices, dance classes, project due dates, to parties. Get it out of your head and onto paper. Even if it’s not important, but you need to tackle it, write it down. Don’t be hesitant to write that Thursday is laundry day. It’s one less thing you have to remember.
4. Use it for financial payments. Are your kid’s dance class payments due on the last day of the month? Write it on the calendar. Any other sports or events that need to get paid, jot them down.
5. Re-visit your calendar daily. Look at your calendar every evening so you have a plan of what is going to take place the next day. Make a daily to-do list from the calendar to stay on track.
Using your calendar like clockwork will give you structure and get you organized. You will have less mental clutter, less stress and will be less overwhelmed just by utilizing a calendar.
Have a great back to school season!
- Back To School Organize + Energize: 5 Ways To Make Mornings Easier
- Back To School Organize + Energize: Managing Family Paperwork
- Organize + Energize: 10 Steps To An Organized Garage
- Organize + Energize: 10 Steps To An Organized Linen Closet
- Organize + Energize: 10 Steps To Organizing Your Office
- Organize + Energize: 10 Steps To a Clutter-Free Bedroom
- Organize + Energize: 10 Ways to Have the Best Yard Sale Ever
- Organize + Energize: 4 Steps To Combat Mental Overload
- Organize + Energize: 5 Tips For Easier Back To School Shopping
- Organize + Energize: 5 Ways To Get More Free Time
- Organize + Energize: 7 Tips On Clearing Mental Clutter
- Organize + Energize: 7 Ways To Maximize Your Space
- Organize + Energize: 7 Ways To Organize Your Makeup
- Organize + Energize: 8 Ways To Keep Clutter Out Of Your Kitchen
- Organize + Energize: 8 Ways To Organize Your Pets
- Organize + Energize: 8 Ways To Stay Organized For Summer Outings
- Organize + Energize: 9 Ways to Save Money + Time At The Market
- Organize + Energize: Back To School Family Calendar Ideas
- Organize + Energize: Be Ready For Emergencies
- Organize + Energize: Getting Rid Of All That Stuff
- Organize + Energize: Organize Your Kids
- Organize + Energize: Smart Packing For Spring Travel
- Organize + Energize: Spring Cleaning + Your Medicine Cabinet
- Organize + Energize: Tame Your Gym Bag Now
- Organize + Energize: The Power Of A Closet Purge