Pianist Simone Dinnerstein to Perform at Hanover Theatre
Tuesday, January 15, 2019
The performance will take place on Tuesday, January 15 at 7:30 p.m.
The program will feature an evening-length piece for piano and seven dancers, created by Dinnerstein and choreographer Pam Tanowitz.
It is inspired by and set to the live performance of Bach’s iconic and commanding score, Goldberg Variations. Dinnerstein, a specialist in Goldberg, will bring her nuanced understanding of the demanding score to the project; Tanowitz’s choreography will add a slyly deconstructed classical dance vocabulary to translate Bach’s intricate score into movement.
The program will also feature a pre-concert talk with noted Bach scholar, teacher, and Artistic Director for The Worcester Chorus, Dr. Christopher Shepard.
- 1st Annual Make Music Worcester to Debut in June
- Music Worcester Announces 2017 Young Artist Competitions
- Music Worcester to Host Fun for All Ages Show at Mechanics Hall in November
- Hanover Theatre to Celebrate Legacy of Music Worcester
- Jazz Legend Marsalis to Open Music Worcester’s 2017-18 Season
- Music Worcester Announces Schedule of Performances for April
- Music Worcester to Present Bach’s Magnificat & Cantatas
- Saxophone Legend Marsalis to Open Music Worcester’s 2018-19 Season
- Music Worcester to Host Concert Benefiting LGBTQ+ Communities
- Music Worcester to Celebrate Cuban Music & Traditions at Mechanics Hall