Pottery Invitational at Worcester Center for Crafts Set for May 13-15
Thursday, April 21, 2016
Artists include Ingrid Bathe (New Castle, ME), Julie Crosby (Trumansburg, NY), Hayne Bayless (Ivoryton, CT), Kyla Toomey (Waltham, MA), Colleen McCall (Elmira, NY), Nicole Aquillano (Boston, MA), Lucy Fagella (Greenfield, MA), Michael Connelly (Philadelphia, PA), Todd Wahlstrom & Aysha Peltz (Whitingham, VT), Tom O'Malley (Forestdale, RI), Sarah Heimann (Lebanon, NH), Holly Walker (Randolph VT), Tom White (Northfield, MA), Robbie Heidinger, ( Westhampton, MA), Rob Cartelli (South Newfane, VT), Maureen Mills (Portsmouth, NH), Normandy Alden (West Winfield NY), and Robbie Lobell (Coupeville, WA).
This year's show will also include demonstrations by artists on the making ceramics and by a local flower arranger and a chef on using handmade pottery in everyday life.
The Pottery Invitational is held over the course of one night and two days, the Pottery Invitational is organized by two guest curators who invite a selection of artists to participate. The curators this year are Aysha Peltz and Todd Wahlstrom who work in Whitingham, Vermont.
"The Pottery Invitational is part of Worcester's creative economy. It markets the work of artists who sell their work. People come from far and wide, stay in hotels and eat in local restaurants, and we move closer to our mission -- sustaining crafts as an important part of our community and society," said Honee Hess, executive director of the Crafts Center.
The Pottery Invitational was started at the Worcester Center for Crafts in 2003 as a way to expose the community to the work of regional and national ceramic artists, and to assist artists in creating a new market for their work.
The Schedule of events is as follows:
FRIDAY, May 13
5:30 Show opens with Benefit Preview celebration. $35.00 pp. Mingle with the curators and artisans while enjoying a "Whiskey Tasting" (in a free hand-blown glass by New Street Glass) sponsored by Austin Liquors and enjoy handcrafted cheeses by Westfield Farms of Hubbardston MA and chocolates by Stewarts of Jefferson, MA.
7:00 Show opens, free to the public
8:30 Show closes
SATURDAY, May 14
10:00 Show opens, free to the public
11-12:00 AIR demos in ceramic studio
11:45 Pop up talk in Krikorian Gallery by Hayne Bayless
12:00-1:00 lunch in multimedia for potters
1-2:00 AIR demos in ceramic studio
3:00 Flower Styling demo by Sarah Ribeiro, illustrating the use of handmade pots in the home for flower arranging
4:15 Pop up talk in the Gallery by Maureen Mills
5:00 Show closes
SUNDAY, May 15
11:00 Show opens, free to the public
11:00-12:00 AIR demos in ceramics studio
1:00-2:00 Food Styling demo by Elaine Pusateri illustrating the use of handmade pots for serving and entertaining
2:00 -3:00 AIR demos in ceramics studio
3:00 Pop up talk by Aysha Peltz
4:00 Show closes
- Worcester’s Lydia Fortune Crafts Organic Folk Tunes
- Inside Guide: The Worcester Center for Crafts
- Family Matters: 12 October Crafts
- Family Matters: Crafts for Thanksgiving
- Leading in Central Ma: Worcester Center for Crafts’ Honee A. Hess
- Culture Vulture: Holiday Festival of Crafts Returns to Worcester
- 5th Annual SPM Craft Fair to Showcase Worcester’s Independent Handmade Crafts
- Worcester Center for Crafts to Host Architecture Exhibit
- Holiday Festival of Crafts Set to Kick Off This Weekend
- Worcester Center for Crafts: Make Your Own Sangria Pitcher
- NEW: Enameling Exhibit Opens at Worcester Center for Crafts Tonight
- Oxford’s Kira Beaudoin Crafts Colorful and Expressive Paintings
- New: Pottery Show to be Held at Worcester Center for Crafts
- Hot Night In the City Coming to the Worcester Center for Crafts
- Worcester’s Bob Armstrong Crafts Unique Art from Restored Puzzles
- Moms Can-Do’s: Eco-Friendly Crafts + More
- Worcester Center for Crafts Unveils Half-Million Dollar Expansion
- Make Your Own Halloween Mask at Worcester Center for Crafts with Your Woo Card
- Worcester Center for Crafts Presents Donna Dufault’s Culinary Imaginings