Sen. Moore Holds Discussion on Higher Education With Clark U. Students
Tuesday, October 20, 2015
“I deeply value the students’ candid contributions and thoughtful suggestions. I would also like to thank Clark University for hosting me. From a policy-making standpoint, it’s important to stay connected with individuals who are directly impacted by bills approved by the Legislature. I look forward to holding additional campus visits in the coming months to hear a wider range of student voices," said Senator Moore.
Senator Moore serves as Senate Chair of the Joint Committee on Higher Education and began the dialogue to get first-hand perspectives about what approaches work best within higher education and where improvement is needed.
The discussion touched on many areas including student loan debt, apprenticeships and campus safety.
- Senator Chandler to Attend Conference on Aging at White House
- U.S. Senators To Hold Talk On Criminal Justice Reform
- Bizarre Phenomenon: Sex Toys Littering Streets Present Hazard To Portland
- Sheriff Evangelidis to Host Annual Senior Picnic on August 15
- Senators Chandler and Moore Join Legislature in Override of Baker’s Vetoes
- Rosen Asking Individual Donors to Help Raise $60K for Newton Hill Tennis Courts
- Smart Benefits: Feedback on Next Essential Health Benefits Benchmark Plan Due June 30
- NEW: Pettersen, Pressel Round Out CVS Classic Field
- President Obama Prepares to Send Troops to Fight ISIS
- College Admissions: 5 Things Your Rising Senior Should Do This Summer
- 1 in 3 Seniors Are Living Without Family in Massachusetts
- Worcester’s City Manager Calls Monday’s Shooting a “Senseless Act of Violence”
- Monfredo: New School Year, Let’s Work On Eradicating Chronic Absenteeism
- Former Worcester Pastor Sentenced for Filing False Tax Returns
- Which Senators Support the Iran Deal?
- MA Senate Passes Legislation to Repeal License Suspension for Drug Violations
- Cheat Sheet 10, FBI Files Unveils the Big Wedding, Patriarca’s Girl and Senate Testimony
- Worcester Man Sentenced to 7 Years in Prison for Drug Trafficking
- Senator Chandler Named VP of Women’s Legislative Network
- Sen. Moore Encourages Worcester Residents to Attend Citizens Legislative Seminar
- Senator Michael Moore Appointed to International Partnership
- Mayor Petty Announces Increase of Police Presence in Worcester’s Schools
- Senator Moore Meets With Students in Worcester’s Dynamy Program at State House
- Finneran: Heartache and Nonsense in Auburn
- Senator Moore Urges Safety on Halloween