Tower Hill Announces April Vacation Activities
Sunday, April 08, 2018
Tower Hill Botanic Garden is inviting families to enjoy April vacation by participating in nature-centered activities.
April Vacation Events
From Monday, April 16, through Friday, April 20, visitors can participate in crafts and special plant-inspired activities from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Storytime is at 11:30 a.m. each morning in the subtropical conservatories.
Programs that require pre-registration include making seed bombs, constructing stepping stones, and building fairy houses.
In addition, guests can explore the grounds for spring blooms, including the Field of Gold daffodils.
The Wild Rumpus exhibit, Wildlife Refuge Pond, and views of the Wachusett Reservoir are among the outdoor spots to enjoy.
The property's trails make for easy hiking opportunities. Indoors, visitors can enjoy the cafe, shop, art exhibits, and more.
Related Slideshow: 10 Great Things to do in Worcester This Weekend - April 6, 2018
Rent 20th Anniversary Tour at Hanover Theatre
Two decades after opening on Broadway, RENT, Jonathan Larsons Pulitzer Prize and Tony® Award-winning masterpiece, continues to speak loudly and defiantly to audiences across generations and all over the world.
Showtimes are as follows:
2:00 PM-4:30 PM, 6:30 PM-9:00 PM, 7:30 PM-10:00 PM, 7:30 PM-10:00 PM, 8:00 PM-10:30 PM
Friday Morning Birds at Mass Audubon
Enjoy a leisurely birding experience and help document the sanctuary birds over the season. This weekly walk helps us confirm which birds are migrating and which are year-round residents.
The event goes from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m.
Exhibit: A Beautiful Connection at Worcester Center for Crafts
Work by Victor Pacheco.
Playfully observing and exploring the connection between humans and their electronic devices in a series of sculptural scenarios.
The exhibit runs from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Exploring the Myths of James Dye at Worcester Art Museum
This exhibition, a collaboration with ARTSWorcester, presents work by James Dye, winner of the 2017 ArtsWorcester Biennial. Developed in concert with the artist from a series of studio visits, the project will be a solo presentation, including the winning work of art as Best in Show.
The Mystery of Worcester's Leonardo at Worcester Art Museum
This exhibition will bring together two early Italian panel paintings for the first time since they were separated from their original altarpiece: the Annunciation at the Musée du Louvre and WAM's Miracle of San Donato.
Research on the Worcester picture has been conducted by Rita Albertson, Chief Conservator at WAM, with contributions by Laurence Kanter, Chief Curator, and Lionel Goldfrank III Curator of European Art, Yale University Art Gallery.
Rushnyky: Sacred Ukrainian Textiles at Museum of Russian Icons
A rushnyk is a long, rectangular cloth, typically made from linen or hemp, which is woven in one solid piece and sometimes adorned with bright, intricate patterns. They are traditionally made by women, who start learning to spin, weave, and embroider the cloths at a very young age. Today most rushnyky are machine made using modern materials, and can be purchased in retail establishments.
The exhibit goes from 11 a.m.to 4 p.m.
- Area Chefs to Give Seasonal Cooking Demonstrations at Tower Hill Botanic Garden
- Winter Reimagined Returnst to Tower Hill on Nov. 27th
- Tower Hill Botanic Garden to Host Variety of Valentine’s Weekend Events
- Annual Farmers Gala Set for May 19 at Tower Hill Botanic Garden
- Tower HIll Botanic Garden Announces Opening of The Court: A Garden Within Reach
- Tower Hill to Host Autumn Joys Flower Show
- Tower Hill Botanic Garden to Host Artisan Weekend
- Tower Hill Botantic Garden To Host Plant Sale on May 31
- Tower Hill Botanic Garden To Launch Health and Wellness Series
- Tower Hill Botanic Garden to Host The New England Herb Show
- Tower Hill Botanic Garden to Present Season of Harvest
- Tower Hill Botanic Garden Announces Upcoming Schedule
- Tower Hill to Host Largest Outdoor Exhibit in Their 30 Year History
- Tower Hill Offers a Series of Events During February Vacation
- Tower Hill’s Winter Reimagined in Final Weeks
- Tower Hill to Give Veterans, Military Personnel Free Admission on Memorial Day
- Tower Hill to Host “Get Ready for Summer Family Day”
- Tower Hill to Host Botanical Tattoo Weekend
- Tower Hill to Host Discussion on Plant Exploration
- Tower Hill Botanic Garden Announces Special Events for Holiday Season