United Way of Central MA Unveils 2013 Holiday Wish List
Tuesday, November 19, 2013
The Holiday Wish List offers a wide range of opportunities for businesses and individuals to support non-profit organizations that help local children and families. Participants can help through donating gifts, volunteering at a holiday party, or creating food baskets for families.
"This year we see even more need for food donations, food baskets, and gift cards to grocery stores, as well as other basics like warm mittens and coats,” Heidi M. Paluk, Vice President of External Affairs at United Way of Central Massachusetts told GoLocal. “Poverty continues to be an issue for so many families. They are not looking for the latest toy, just help to stay warm or be able to buy groceries."
The 2013 Holiday Wish List can be viewed at www.unitedwaycm.org.
Investing in Central MA
In total, United Way of Central Massachusetts will invest more than $5.4 million this year in programs and initiatives serving people in 30 cities and towns in Central Massachusetts (including Auburn, Barre, Boylston, Brookfield, Douglas, East Brookfield, East Douglas, Grafton, Holden, Hubbardston, Leicester, Millbury, New Braintree, Northbridge, North Brookfield, Northborough, Oakham, Oxford, Paxton, Princeton, Rutland, Shrewsbury, Spencer, Sterling, Sutton, Upton, Uxbridge, West Boylston, West Brookfield and Worcester.)
About United Way of Central Massachusetts
Founded in 1920, the United Way of Central Massachusetts is committed to improving the lives of people in various communities throughout Central Massachusetts. Focused on connecting people and resources to improve the community, United Way ensures that the most vulnerable individuals have a safety net for stabilization today, while working to break the cycle of poverty for the next generation by focusing on education, family stability, and health.
- NEW: National Grid Donates $155K to United Way for Heating Assistance
- NEW: United Way Announces Community Support Fund
- NEW: United Way Brings Diabates Awareness to the State House
- NEW: United Way Offering Grants for Women and Community Programs
- O’Sullivan to Lead United Way Annual Campaign
- PowerPlayer: United Way CEO Tim Garvin
- Shrewsbury Girls Learning to Be $cholars Thanks to United Way
- The United Way’s Annual Celebration
- United Way Announces “Day of Caring” in Worcester
- United Way Awards Nearly $300K To Central Massachusetts Girls
- United Way Women’s Initiative To Host Soles4Souls Event in Worcester
- United Way of Central Mass Announces Campaign Co-Chairs
- United Way of Central Mass to Hold Annual Celebration